Sign in to follow this  

Utah "Tour guide" Moab 11/2-11/4

A buddy of mine and some of his friends, I think 5 total, from Colorado are headed to Moab next weekend. The guy who is familiar with the area had something come up. Is there anyone in the area that can ride that weekend? They are all capable riders. All dirt no dual sports. You can post here or PM me for contact info.

Thanks

You can find your way around without a guide.  Get "Moab" and "Moab West" maps made by Latitude 40.  If you don't have time for them to be shipped, you can get them at the Gearheads shop in town.  Also, check the pinned thread about Moab on which Rodzilla wrote a very good summary of Moab area trails.  If you use GPS, you can find tracks on tracks on traildamage.com.  You can also find the tracks for the trails that allow motorcycles, but not jeeps on Utahmountainbiking.com, examples being Slick Rock and Sovereign.

Thanks a bunch. I'll copy your reply and forward them a link to Rodzilla's thread. I was in Moab back in May and rode one day with a group and two days by myself. It definitely is quite easy to get around and also get lost.  :blush:

2013-04-27_15-51-34_164_zps55a597c2.jpg

Edited by EagleFreek

Head over to the white wash sand dunes. You can do some fun sand dunes, washes, slick rock, 2 tracks and great single tracks like dead cow wash. The area is huge and you can enjoy it for more than one day. From cliffs to river washes. Highly recommend it to any skill level. Even pro riders will have a blast.

If you really are capable, 5 miles of hell is what you need to look into. Itll be a blast with a big group. Look into it. It really is one of the hardest in the western u.s.

I can't wait to give 5 miles of hell a try.

You'll have to wait 'till Summer....takes anywhere from 8 to 17 hours to complete. Take too many in your group you'll be there 'till sundown!

I've done it a couple times. I found that a group of 4 is about the best. Not too many to bog up the technical parts, yet enough to lift bikes up cliffs.

We also decided that a Honda XR400 is the best bike for the trail. Air cooled and light. Water cooled machines will do some puking on that trail due to hard, slow, technical stuff.

BTW- I have a condo in Moab. Anyone interested in renting it I will give TT'er's a 10% discount.

Google Rim Village X-3.

Find the dates you want on the Calendar then PM me and I'll put in the good word to my manager so when you ask for a quote she'll be ready with that discount.

A buddy of mine and some of his friends, I think 5 total, from Colorado are headed to Moab next weekend. The guy who is familiar with the area had something come up. Is there anyone in the area that can ride that weekend? They are all capable riders. All dirt no dual sports. You can post here or PM me for contact info.

Thanks

I wish I heard earlier. I would have shown you guys the best trails around, maybe even the 'local's only' trails if you buy enough beer....