Sign in to follow this  

Plasti-Dipped motor?

not bad per say.. just raises questions overall personally id move on to the next ad.

• Like 3

not bad per say.. just raises questions overall personally id move on to the next ad.

what kind of questions does it raise? I'd like to ask him.

i'd ask him to remove it to see what the cover looks like or move on to the next ad..

Pass, not sure why anyone would do such a thing. Not in any way a benefit for a motor. If motors were meant to have insulating coatings on them the higher end factor riders would at the very least have it. My thinking is that the dude has damaged the bike in some way and is using the plastic coat to hide something. Would be a nightmare to get it all of as well IMO. By the way not entirely sure how long that stuff would last before it started to chip off and look like 5h!t.

You could peel it off in minutes, all it is is a rubber type spray on covering, plasti dips good stuff because its temperary, I would say that he couldn't have road it much because it would have been ripped right off with boots rubbin on it

It was either for looks or to cover up some damage. Either way not benfecial, but if its just the case covers its not a big deal. And from what I've read, its easy to peel off. If it really looks like a clean bike otherwise, and once again if its just the case covers, I'd consider it because even if they are beat to hell or something you can replace case covers relatively cheap.

Would be a nightmare to get it all of as well IMO. By the way not entirely sure how long that stuff would last before it started to chip off and look like 5h!t.

It would only take a few minutes to peel it all off. It's a rubber spray on coating. Doesn't "chip".

agreed unless the engine temps did some weird baking  people use plasti dip all the time to coat stuff  like chrome rims ETC 

and it just peels off when u want or touches up when you damage it

Alright ill just peal it off with the help of wd-40.

I would think that wd-40 would just make the process more difficult and messy. Just peel it off.

Any motorcycle owner that would a decision as bad as plasti-dipping the motor would likely make dozens of other bad decisions when it comes to the life and care of that motor.

RUN AWAY

Yikes! Take that stuff off the motor, it's like someone here said, it insulates, so your motor will run hotter. Another said it's possible the seller was trying to hide something, that could be a good point so check out your motor. It's possible the guy just wanted to make the machine look better and happen to have a can of plastic dip around. Actually, a can of that stuff is only like $5 and change. It's good for rubber and plastic items. I used it for my entire air box assembly and it made it all look really new looking compared to using enamel paint which when you see it on plastic, you know it was painted. Plastic Dip is actually a good product when used correctly.

That would make that bitch run real hot. No good. It may have baked its self on. At least it isn't on the cylinder from the looks of it.

You guys are over thinking this, id bet 5 bucks he did it just for the looks. Buy it

exactly.   and if the cover was damaged there is no amount of plastidip that will make any difference. youll still see it.