Sign in to follow this  

Would you give them a shot?

At a local race today I talked to a rep from a company that is fairly close to where I live about doing some suspension work. Now I've never heard of this shop before but after taking a business card and doing a little google search I found out they're a very reputable shop for sport/super bikes and do everything from maintence to full race bike builds, and really know their suspension stuff as well

They must have just started their mx division but the rep told me they have an area behind their shop where I could test the work before it leaves the shop and they will make changes on the spot until I'm happy

Now my question is are sport bike suspensions even in the same ballpark as off-road in terms of how they work,internal workings,knowledge of how to make them do what you need etc. Them being local and willing to work with you are big selling points but there's just no feedback I can find on their off-road work. Would you give them a shot?

Who are they?  Some people here may have heard from them.  Did they give you a price?

I didn't get a price as the guy was very busy. The name of the company was markbilt race bikes.

I would go for it! If they seem like real good guys I'm sure they won't screw you over price wise and will more then likely set you up with some awesome suspension. If you want to find out, then tell your worries to them!

I've heard of them.  Everything has been good.  But, as you said, they are new to off road.  They would definitely stick by their stuff, though.  If worst came to worst, you might have to take it back a couple times.  

If you're mainly into enduro/hare scrambles, I've heard really good things about W.E.R, too.  They are closer to North Jersey, though.