Getting rid of arm pump?

Hey all, anyone know good tips to get rid of arm pump? I haven't tried many solutions but I just deal with it when it comes, I've heard to go hard in practice and get arm pump then and then it won't come back as bad? That worked well for me but just wanna se if there is any other ways to get rid of it.

Hey all, anyone know good tips to get rid of arm pump? I haven't tried many solutions but I just deal with it when it comes, I've heard to go hard in practice and get arm pump then and then it won't come back as bad? That worked well for me but just wanna se if there is any other ways to get rid of it.

A couple if aspirin before the ride will help reduce the arm pump.
  • Like 1

A couple if aspirin before the ride will help reduce the arm pump.

+1 on the aspirin. Since I started doing this my arm pump has decreased dramatically. Also try to really feel how you're holding the bike. I have to constantly remind myself that there are many places on the track where I can keep my hands relatively relaxed on the grips.

• Like 1

. Eat a banana before u ride

1. cut milk the day before and on race days

2. Cardio minimum 3 days a week (20 min sessions)

3. Ride, ride and ride some more!

I find the first few laps im out i get some arm pump, after that its gone for the day! Aerobic fitness makes a massive difference, you want the blood to flow to the muscles with fresh oxygen. The better your body becomes at making that blood and oxygen flow the less likely you are to get arm pump.

Also as said above try not holding on so tight with your arms and use your legs and knees more it takes pressure off your forearms and hands

Sacriledge!!!!!

Blasphemy!!!!!

(Not sure that I splled the first one right....)

Heathen!!!!!!

Now, when you say, 'cut', you mean just one cup in the morning right? :devil:

Tough call, I cut it out all together. My dad learned that and passed it on to me. He was at the doctor and he was told he had a slight heart condition. Doctor said cut caffeine and everything will be better. A side effect he discovered was he got virtually no arm pump when he rode hard or raced. I tried it too and swear to god it works well...

Okay, you are yourself. Your body is going to respond slightly different then someone else's. What works for me is regulated, push-ups, cardio and bicycle rides.

Every night, if possible, the more often the better for you, the rider, go into a room that has a little room for maneuverability and begin with a standard push-up.

I do 40.

Then switch to a diamond. Touch your hands together, while in push-up stance, and do another 10 push-ups. And finally do about 10 push-ups with your arms spread as far as possible. Meaning your hands should be as far away from each other as you can do.

(Note: this is only just the beginning of my EVERYDAY workout. These are only 3 of the 25 reps i do every night, each just as strenuous as the one before. Trust me your whooped when you finish but it has worked WONDERS in my endurance and strength.)

If this doesnt have your arms burning pretty good, repeat the process until you can't do another push-up. The first week you'll hate life because you'll be so sore and you'll hate working out but after that its not bad.

Be in the right position on your bike so you dont have to use your hand and arms to hold on.  When you get out of position, squeeze with the knees and boots...then use your core strength to re-establish position.

Edited by Blutarsky

• Experts

The way most people train their forearms will cause more armpump. Over the years I have developed a forearm exercise combo that gives the forearms more strength and endurance which eliminates armpump. It's done with dumbbells both standing or sitting and laying down with arms straight up like you just completed a dumbbell bench press. There are 3 exercise standing or sitting and 2 exercises laying. They are all done with arms straight.  Start out with 15 reps on each of the 5 exercises. Always have your hands positioned like you were holding a barbell. 

With weight hanging at your sides a little in front. 

1. Curl wrist back and forward.

2. Move wrist side to side, lowering and raising each end of the dumbbells. 

3. Open and close hands as far as possible without dropping dumbbells. 

Then with weights above you while laying down:

4. Curl wrist back and forward.

5. Move wrist side to side, lowering and raising each end of the dumbbells. 

Start out with 2 sets fairly light. Do 3 times a week. After 2 weeks do 3 sets and increase weight gradually. 

If you want to learn exactly how to do this and many other moto exercises and training routines get my new MX Conditioning 2 DVD. See a free preview and order or Stream online: http://www.gsmxs.com...ing-2-dvd-39-95