Sign in to follow this  

backing it in and giving it a bit

yesterday i was giving it heaps to make a right turn for a green light, dropped down 2 gears jumped on the back brakes leant in and the back just lit up... sideways :naughty:

pull up at the next lights about 200m and a harley guy pulls up in my lane clapping and laughing his head off... haha glad it wasnt a cop!!

anyway the question is how much punishment will the old faithful take. my biggest concern is the compression braking because my exhaust pops bangs and barks to make sure i know which is normal i know but... i definantly do not want to blow a banging hole through the piston. lastly i hit the rev limiter today and it almost sent me over the handle bars because i wasnt expecting it. pulled over thinking i did damage thank suzuki/god. any way to reduce the severity of the limiter, and i guess what exacly is the limiter without the engine having a tacho so to speak???

bike is a 2011 sm full yosh kit, big bore fcr 3x3 etc.

Just keep your maintenance up ...it will take the punishment for a while, asking how long before you have a mechanical issue is a bit like asking "how long is a piece of string"?

When you drop two gears and dump the clutch, its important to know, your not at excess speed to cause a rear wheel lock up, such as you did.

Is this when you hit the rev limiter? because hitting the limiter under throttle(acceleration) is not going to throw you over the bars.

However, maybe you should back off alittle before injury happens >G

• Like 1

When you drop two gears and dump the clutch, its important to know, your not at excess speed to cause a rear wheel lock up, such as you did.

I've barked the back from agressive downshifting. But, I'm trying to do better. :(

Just so you know, that hammmers the crap out of your clutch basket tangs, they'll get deep notches very quickly.

• Like 1

Just so you know, that hammmers the crap out of your clutch basket tangs, they'll get deep notches very quickly.

gearbox and final drive is also in the firing line for potential damage....

Edited by Craigo 485sm