Before and after honda frame polish

So after looking at all the awesome before and after pics of other TT members bikes I decided to do a little one of my own! Nothing huge but it sure looks cool, and was cheap bling.

I started with 400 grit wet sand paper, then 600 and 1500. To finish it up and get the mirror like finish I used mothers aluminum and mag polish, applying it with microfiber cloths.

I could have got a better finish if I had spent more time sanding, but I'm still pleased with what 20 dollars and 3 hours of work got me!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

:thumbsup:

Nice!

Looks awesome! I love the look of a polished frame but it's a lot of upkeep to maintain that polished look.

That's what I've heard, but I couldn't resist! I'll be sure to give an update on how trashed it gets after/ and how long it takes to maintain after each ride.

That's what I've heard, but I couldn't resist! I'll be sure to give an update on how trashed it gets after/ and how long it takes to maintain after each ride.

When you get tired of the polishing, which you will, you can start using an SOS pad when cleaning and it will give you a zero maintenance finish that looks great. Been there.

CR's always look good with a polished frame! Nice work!

I wet sand mine with 1000, 1500, and 2000 grit sandpaper, then use a DA buffer and aluminum polish. Takes a little work, but I definitely think it makes the bike look amazing.

polished frame.jpg

When you get tired of the polishing, which you will, you can start using an SOS pad when cleaning and it will give you a zero maintenance finish that looks great. Been there.

Thanks! i will keep that in mind!

I wet sand mine with 1000, 1500, and 2000 grit sandpaper, then use a DA buffer and aluminum polish. Takes a little work, but I definitely think it makes the bike look amazing.

Yeah i skimped out on the sanding a little, forgot my wallet at home when i went to the store  :banghead: So i had to pay in loose change in my truck lol. But i think i will go over it again when i rebuild my top end this winter. Yours looks great though!

Sounds like you do more polishing than riding

MAX!!!