Sign in to follow this  

yz325 head orings please help!

Stock "O" rings.

thanks champ unless esr stretches them they are not the stock yz250 o-rings as the piston diameter on a stock yz250 is 66.4mm and esr325 is 75.5mm witch is why the yz250 O-rings are to small

The socker has an aluminium bore. The 325 has steel. The "O" ring fits in as it should. You'll note that the owner's manual suggests using a little grease to hold them in place during assembly. That works very well.

The kit came with a gasket set that looked exactly like an OEM Yamaha kit.

P.S. the Wiseco piston circlips are a BITCH! I just about had the last one in and POOF! The darn thing disappeared on me. I've never had one go like that. I didn't make a sound. It was just gone. I had to go to a Yamaha dealer and pick up a stocker, which was much easier to work with.

Edited by shagger

Yes that is correct but I looked up the part number on that yamaha package and it's for the base gasket also if you look at the packaging again you will notice it's been opened and taped closed so I'm guess he uses different orings as it would make sense to the sleeve size difference

P.S. the Wiseco piston circlips are a BITCH! I just about had the last one in and POOF! The darn thing disappeared on me. I've never had one go like that. I didn't make a sound. It was just gone. I had to go to a Yamaha dealer and pick up a stocker, which was much easier to work with.

Haha don't you just hate that and I bet it will turn up in such obvious place.

There is a technic to getting them in, first place one end in the grove push inwards on the other end and they will just snap in, also use a small pick to turn them so that the opening of the clip face either up or down and that will help to seat them into place

its all good fellas I found out its 80mm ID and 2mm cross section witch is the same as 2007 ktm 300
  • Like 1