Sign in to follow this  

Not sure what year my bike is!

i just picked up a rmz 250 and the guy had it advertised as a 2004 but i know its 2007 or newer because it has an aluminum frame. what are the differences between the 07, 08, and 09 models? it is not fuel injected and it has gold axle blocks. i picked it up for $1200. what is it worth? its almost completely stock

SAM_0540.JPG

Edited by qweasy

Around where I live 07+ rmz250's usually go for 2500 to 3500 in good condition. Thats a nice looking bike.

Did the bike not come with a title? That would be an easy way to determine the year... Also you could look up the vin online and that could tell you too.

Edited by fdme

Wait a minute. You didn't check the vin, got an 07+ for only $1200, and was only given a BOS. Is that back tire burned off? If so looks like you might have a stolen bike on your hands. The VIN is on the neck of the frame right behind the forks. Should be a long Num+Letter should be on a piece of metal otherwise stamped into the frame...

Gold axle blocks mean nothing. Anyone can buy them and slap them on a bike. I really hope its not stolen for your sake.

Edited by YZ2Smoker98

I only got a bill of sale. Where do i go to look up the vin?

Like the guy above me said the vin should be on your frame somewhere up front in between the two fork tubes. I would just go to the website of whatever vehicle insurance you use, log into your policy and go to the area like you were going to get a free online quote, just type the vin number in and it should pop up automatically what year it is...

I would be concerned as well if the guy didn't have the title for it. I would also go to a pay website and look up the info on your vin and make sure there isn't anything up with it. (carfax or something, it's worth knowing whether it's not stolen or not) And you were able to get that bike so cheap because it didn't have a title, you lose a lot of the value on the bike that way.

Edited by fdme

i had a deputy run the vin at the time of sale. it did not come back as being reported stolen. i was worried about it being stolen because how would he not know the year model? but i know its not stolen because i ran the vin online and had the cop run it as well and both said it checked out. i am going to apply for a lost title. will try the insurance quote thing

Like the guy above me said the vin should be on your frame somewhere up front in between the two fork tubes. I would just go to the website of whatever vehicle insurance you use, log into your policy and go to the area like you were going to get a free online quote, just type the vin number in and it should pop up automatically what year it is... I would be concerned as well if the guy didn't have the title for it. I would also go to a pay website and look up the info on your vin and make sure there isn't anything up with it. (carfax or something, it's worth knowing whether it's not stolen or not) And you were able to get that bike so cheap because it didn't have a title, you lose a lot of the value on the bike that way.

Yes the geico insurance tells me its a 2008. :) thank you!!

Yes the geico insurance tells me its a 2008. :) thank you!!

no problem. Good luck getting the new title, I have no idea how you go about doing that:mellow:

Its good your bike isn't hot though.

Edited by fdme

I have about $1500 in the bike at this point...

Looks like fun! :D

I paid 1200 for my 07 Rm-z last year. the guy that owned it said it "made a weird noise."  It just backfired alot.  Checked the valves for clearance, they were in spec.  Cleaned the carb.  Guess who has a 1200 good running bike? this guy. :D congrats on your 08.  They're amazing bikes.