Sign in to follow this  

Crap Gasohol

My XT350 was running funky . Backfiring during mid throttle .

I pulled the primary carb bowl and found a bunch of yellowish jelly type substance . I hadn't run the bike for about 6 weeks . I can only attribute the jelly to gasohol . Fortunately , the station not a mile from here sells alcohol free gasoline .

I have to wonder who got a pocket full of cash for signing the bill that brought this fiasco about .

your not alone  all the lawn equipment that sits over the winter and especially boats  that sit long term

I find that if the vehicle is outside and exposed to daytime temps of over 90 degrees and direct sunlight   my ethanol turns fast  2-3 weeks

if it is left in a shade area like my boat that is covered and in a covered spot  the crap  fuel last much longer

but on a weekend rec vehicle I never see an issue

you can tell by the smell if it's turning   I try to use additive to curb issues

the best govt. money can buy,  the farm states bought this part of it

My XT350 was running funky . Backfiring during mid throttle .

I pulled the primary carb bowl and found a bunch of yellowish jelly type substance . I hadn't run the bike for about 6 weeks . I can only attribute the jelly to gasohol . Fortunately , the station not a mile from here sells alcohol free gasoline .

I have to wonder who got a pocket full of cash for signing the bill that brought this fiasco about .

It simply does not make any sense . We have people starving to death every day , just in this country , and they have this great idea to make shit fuel out  of a major food source . Amazing . I guess Darwin was a big player on that team .

Nothing like mellow yellow jello in the float bowls.....makes snow blowers run well too.

Nothing like mellow yellow jello in the float bowls.....makes snow blowers run well too.

Ha , Been there more than once , too .

But , hopefully , I won't have to fix anymore snow blowers . My wife and I have become full time RVers . North in the Spring , South in the Fall . We do love the life . ;)

I've been using Sta-bil for a few years now with very good success.  Even after sitting 8 months my RV generator fired right up.  I haven't cleaned a carb since I started using it.

I've also used Sta Bil with good results .Just that I didn't happen to put any in the XT tank .

And , thanks for reminding me that I have to 'work' the genset tomorrow .