Best Type of Footpegs for 2000 CR250

Tore my Achilles last Feb. from casing a double. I'm healed up and ready to ride/race again, I was wondering what would be the best type of Footpegs out there to keep any future potential injuries to a minimum. 

Thanks,

Alex

Does anyone know if the '13 450 pegs fit on these bikes or is that just a 3rd gen thing? They are pretty cheap and look really nice if they would fit. Aftermarket pegs aren't cheap! I have a set of IMS pro's on my bike and they work great. I've made the mistake of resting my hand on them while working on the bike and they are sharp!

I really like my fastway f3 pegs, grippy and the lowboy setting is awesome for us taller riders. they dont make them for your bike but with a little love they fit. send me your e-mail in a pm if you are interested in pictures.

I think I'm gonna go with IMS Pro Series pegs. I see they make them specific for 00-01 year models. Plus I can get a discount through a supplier for those pegs. Also I'm not that tall haha. 

Does anyone know if the '13 450 pegs fit on these bikes or is that just a 3rd gen thing? They are pretty cheap and look really nice if they would fit. Aftermarket pegs aren't cheap! I have a set of IMS pro's on my bike and they work great. I've made the mistake of resting my hand on them while working on the bike and they are sharp!

I know nothing about the four strokes, sorry. 

What I was getting at is that someone posted up info that the '13 crf 450 pegs bolt right up, but his bike was a 3rd gen (02-07). They are a good bit cheaper than the after market pegs. I could swear I read somewhere that somebody was able to make 3rd gen after market pegs work on their 00-01 bike. I could be wrong though. I would think that you would have to get the 3rd gen mounts as well to make that happen though. The reason they did it was because there are a lot more options for the 3rd gen bikes. Sorry I know I'm confusing. Anyways if you like the pro series and have the money then that's probably your best bet since they are made specific for your bike. I know mine are holding up really well.

I think I'm gonna go with IMS Pro Series pegs. I see they make them specific for 00-01 year models. Plus I can get a discount through a supplier for those pegs. Also I'm not that tall haha. 

sorry for being unclear, the low boy setting is an option, you don't have to use it.

But if you can get ims pegs cheap I'm sure they will be good.

I have an idea on modifying the mounts to make other gen3 pegs fit your bike if you do find something sweet you want, might work with the ankle savers

sorry for being unclear, the low boy setting is an option, you don't have to use it.

But if you can get ims pegs cheap I'm sure they will be good.

I have an idea on modifying the mounts to make other gen3 pegs fit your bike if you do find something sweet you want, might work with the ankle savers

What is your idea on mounting ankle savers to Gen 2 frame? Sounds awesome!

Will NOT fit, I tried. Sorry. I have the IMS Pro pegs and they are nice and priced well. They are not huge though.

Edited by YHGEORGE
  • Like 1

Will NOT fit, I tried. Sorry. I have the IMS Pro pegs and they are nice and priced well. They are not huge though.

George, what is the width of the IMS Pro Series pegs?

english is not my first language, and this could take some explaining, a few pictures and a whole lot of questions. Do you have skype? pm me your username if you do

Sorry, I don't have Skype. Could you post the pics here?

These might fit or fit with just a little adapting..?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANKLE-SAVER-MX-FOOTPEGS-HONDA-02-08-CR125-CR250-02-13-CRF250R-CRF450R-/271251261636

I have some msr rear offset 02 + cr 250 pegs and it fits on my 01 cr 250

but I had to put a small piece of metal plate about an 1/8th inch or so thick to not have the pegs droop down..They bolt on and work fine..just had to put some stock to raise the peg a little. I rode it without adding the stock and it still felt real good with lots of grip.. Others have just bolted some other brand 02+ pegs and it fit perfect. I'm figuring this ankle saver is better and safer for you though but may have to adapt a little?  The other option might be to see if some zipty pegs can be adapted too.

http://www.ziptyracing.com/foot-peg-ext/

..or putting some weld on pegs to your pegs..

https://www.google.com/search?q=cr+250+weld+on+pegs&oq=cr+250+weld+on+pegs&aqs=chrome..69i57.8077j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Edited by hawaiidirtrider