Sign in to follow this  

Help with cold weather riding

This is directed to those pig owners who like to drive in cold weather. What do you guys use for goggles to prevent fogging up in cold weather especially with light snow comming down. I was told that a pair of snowmobile goggles will work because the lens is thicker than dirt bike goggles. As long as the roads are bare i will be riding the pig on those long boring winter days. :thumbsup: 

Snow mobile goggles will work fine.

Thanks. So can i wear a face mask that covers my nose without fogging up a pair of snowmobile goggles.

I just leave the shield on my full face helmet cracked open a bit, in town I just flip it when required.

I also wear ski gloves, bib style ski pants and a neck tube. Really cold weather I use my Cabella gortex lined and 3M insulated

snowmobile mitts. My feet suffer a bit though, I use gortex lined hunting socks inside combat boots.

I run 10w30 HDEO (diesel rated) oil and check the tire pressure more often.

Edited by paul246

Thanks. So can i wear a face mask that covers my nose without fogging up a pair of snowmobile goggles.

If you are going to be wearing giant goggles and a ski mask why not just get a full faced helmet for the winter? If your not riding in mud all the time it wont be an issue.

Theres these drops for scuba divers masks to stop fogging. Forgot the name...but the jerry rig way is a little liquid handsoap smeared inside. It wont fog.

Oh yeah! And i wear my surfing wetsuit underneath if it ever gets that cold!

Doesn't the smeared handsoap disturb your vision??? I think the full face helmet is the answer..

Doesn't the smeared handsoap disturb your vision??? I think the full face helmet is the answer..

Naw, its a thin film. I learned it playing airsoft when i forgot my drops. I just went in the bathroom and wiped some soap on with a paper towel. But the scuba drops are the business

I prefer the feel of googles because I find that it gets stuffy in the full face helmet.

Funny you should say that. I find that on a street bike a full face helmet is the way to go. I tried running a full face helmet off road on the pig and it just feels uncomfortable and weird.

Theres these drops for scuba divers masks to stop fogging. Forgot the name...but the jerry rig way is a little liquid handsoap smeared inside. It wont fog.

Oh yeah! And i wear my surfing wetsuit underneath if it ever gets that cold!

Thanks for the info. I think im gonna try a pair of snowmobile goggles and see how that works out.

Awesome helmet tassie. But $500...ouch. I could buy a new pumper carb for that. :thumbsup:

haha yer i know but its ok to dream...?

Several goggle companies make double lens goggles for antifog. That's two lens' sandwiched together with an air gap in between.

Often they'll fit it normal goggles frames.

I used to use Scott brand and they worked great.

Several goggle companies make double lens goggles for antifog. That's two lens' sandwiched together with an air gap in between.

Often they'll fit it normal goggles frames.

I used to use Scott brand and they worked great.

I will check into this. Thanks. Its currently 35f and its going to get a lot colder in the next few months...Brrrrr. As mentioned i drove the pig all last winter on the weekends weather permitting. I drove it in freezing temperatures and was super reliable. Also a testament to the tiny 4 cell ballistic gel battery i was using. As long as the sun is out and you dress for it, you can still have a little fun on the big thumper. :thumbsup:

I have Scotts googles.....they make the anti fog 2 layer lenses for them,,i also have the Scotts fan..it screws up inside the googles and drws in outside air and forces that hot stale air out,,,and does it automatically with a moisture sensor,,works great believe it or not..

B

• Like 1

i also have the Scotts fan..it screws up inside the googles and drws in outside air and forces that hot stale air out,,,and does it automatically with a moisture sensor,,works great believe it or not..

you would need batteries?

how big is fan and where is it mounted?

where are the batteries?

got pics...? :excuseme: