Need help identifying a 2-t pipe and do they dent easily?

Hi i recently bought myself a rm250 and it came with a brand new what i believe is a Fmf factory fatty and a powercore 2 silencer.
The silencer has a sticker on it that says Fmf shorty but it seems to me that it's to long to be a shorty, and the pipe only has a small plate welded to it that says Fmf so calif.

The pipe dent extremely easy, i don't have anything to compare with except my old yz80 i had when i was younger and that pipe never seemed to get dents.

I was riding this weekend and i was going through a inside rut of a Sharp left turn quite slow and hit a large rock which got my front Wheel washed out and i fell, my pipe got an guite large dent and was pushed against the frame due to a crease where the springs retain the pipe against the cylinger, should it dent and deform this easily ? this is the second time this happen last time i fell on the right side and there was a really large den and it also got a small hole in it.

Excuse my Spelling(Swedish)

IMAG0679.jpg

IMAG0682.jpg

That is a FMF factory fatty and that is a shorty. The 125 shorties are very short with one mounting tab typically. The Pro Circuit R304 Shorty is shorter and louder. Effect is similar.

The FMF Gnarly or Pro Circuit Platinum 2 are built with thicker metal that withstand denting better. Hyde skid plates and pipe guards help even more. The carbon fiber e-line rock guards prevent small dents and chips but don't add structural support per se. 

The hyde pipe guard and skid plate are located here http://www.hyderacing.com/store/dirtbike/suzuki/rm_250.htm

2 stroke pipes bend  and dent like butter.  The silencer is ok but I have always had a problem of busting the mid pipe on 2 strokes and beating the snot of the header on the bike by just riding it.  That's one thing that the manufacturers should look into fixing about these bikes.

Ok thanks for the replys, i thought that i might have a china fmf replica or something like that.
well i will do my best to fix the pipe, to bad i only have 3 hours on it so far : /

Ok thanks for the replys, i thought that i might have a china fmf replica or something like that.

well i will do my best to fix the pipe, to bad i only have 3 hours on it so far : /

I also went to have a look on fmf website and they don't even make factory fatty for 03's so how come i got one on my 03 ? could it be that the pipes from newer models fit mine as well?

I also went to have a look on fmf website and they don't even make factory fatty for 03's so how come i got one on my 03 ? could it be that the pipes from newer models fit mine as well?

That's most likely the case. I wouldn't be surprised if all 250 pipes from 99-present fit without much hassle.

fmf gold series are somewhat tougher, gnarley is even tougher

I also went to have a look on fmf website and they don't even make factory fatty for 03's so how come i got one on my 03 ? could it be that the pipes from newer models fit mine as well?

It was probably made in 03 and then they stopped making them.