Sign in to follow this  

Funny sound?

On my 98 RM125 I have a funny sound while my bike is idling in neutral but when I pull my clutch it goes away. I am really worried. Is it maybe rubbing on my 1st or 2nd gear help is much appreciated. If someone can tell me how to put a video on I will. Thanks.

A vibrating "brrrrrrrrrrrrrr-r-r-r-r" sound? I have the same with my 01. No clue what it is.

Same as you, it goes away with the clutch pulled in.

No issues with it, and 15+ hours on this bike since I bought it.

It had about 20-30 hours on it since new when I got it. So it was, and is, in very good shape with little wear.

I wouldn't stress too much if these are similar issues were having.

Yeah that's exactly what's happening. Is there maybe a neutral gear that makes this sound when engaged and spinning? I don't usually let it idle anyway. I just figured out where the idle screw was today. I have a friend who it drives crazy when you leave you bike running near him so it won't be idling too much. Thanks for the help anyway. Makes me feel way better now.

pull the cluth in the drag is eliminated from the clutch so the play doesn't make a sound.
i would considering its like a 25 dollar needle bearing and takes half an hour to replace.

If I don't replace it now, will it bust and cause expensive problems? As far as I know the clutch has never been opened. I don't even think that there's been a top end and I have 150 psi but I am the third owner so I'm not sure.

Yeah that's exactly what's happening. Is there maybe a neutral gear that makes this sound when engaged and spinning? I don't usually let it idle anyway. I just figured out where the idle screw was today. I have a friend who it drives crazy when you leave you bike running near him so it won't be idling too much. Thanks for the help anyway. Makes me feel way better now.

Hey. I have a 98 to. I can't figure out how to set the idle. How did you do it on yours? What was the jetting? Just curious. Thanks.

The one that says idle adjustment? I think it's just to hold down the choke. Use the piece that you pull and turn it left for faster.

It's also to tell you to turn the top price.

Sorry piece.