engine seizes...randomly?

My kx450 seems to randomly seize up, I was riding it and all if a sudden I could no longer start it, the kicker wouldn't move, so I took off the right case and looked at the crankshaft, and after just using a little pressure, it broke free and acts like normal now...I've never heard of a randomly seizing engine

I would not run that engine at all. Maybe a ring broke, who knows but I recommend taking the top end apart and go from there.

given that you have had issues with the clutch ( reading your past posts) i bet its something gearbox/clutch related. maybe its time to take it to a mechanic and have it checked.

given that you have had issues with the clutch ( reading your past posts) i bet its something gearbox/clutch related. maybe its time to take it to a mechanic and have it checked.

Thanks for the attention, and thats next on the list, I guess ill call ernsberger preformance on Tuesday

Thanks for the attention, and thats next on the list, I guess ill call ernsberger preformance on Tuesday

You have a lower rod bearing seizing. If you pull the top end and rotate the rod through you'll feel the roughness and at some point it will lock up.

The engine needs to come apart and be inspected thoroughly piece by piece until the problem is found.  Most likely it is crankshaft related.

You have a lower rod bearing seizing. If you pull the top end and rotate the rod through you'll feel the roughness and at some point it will lock up.

Beat me too it, was going to say the exact same thing. Bet if you put the bike in gear after it locks up and rock it hard forward or backward it'll get past the tight spot on the big end bearing and turn over freely again.... Would not run it- get it fixed.

did you find the problem? I seem to have the sane issue.

did you find the problem? I seem to have the sane issue.

I don't know him and don't know if he found his problem, but again most likely the problem is in the crankshaft area.