Sign in to follow this  

Does it seem like my clutch is slipping?

I hope i'm just being paranoid. So far i have done the following:

-new clutch fibers/plates/springs

-switched to gearsaver 80w

-new clutch cable

-new perch/lever

-new push rod

The bike has phenomenal low end/mid range power. In fact, up to 3/4 throttle, it accelerates real strong. At full throttle though, as you can see, the bike will rev out perfectly fine, but it just seems like it isn't pulling as strong as i would expect. Maybe i'm just too used to a 125 pulling like mad on the top range of rpms. Not sure. If you could please pay close attention to the rpms, and the speed i am going. There is a nickel's worth of slack on the perch. Please tell me i'm just being paranoid. Thoughts? Parts i am specifically concerned about are 4:50, 3:15, and 5:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPpIrNWm0qg&feature=youtu.be

p.s. This is my first real ride with this bike so i was a little intimidated. As well as the trails.  I'm sorry for the multiple posts on this, but i don't know where else to go!

Edited by Slagenthor Targaryen

I don't think it's slipping either. You have to remember, most 125's don't have much low-end grunt so they typically make up for it with some pretty incredible top-end. 250's on the other hand, typically have quite a bit of grunt, so they don't typically rev as high as the 125's.

Tilt looks like your wringing that bike pretty good for your first wide. It doesn't look like your clutch is slipping to me either.

I abused the hell out of my 125 so i'm prepared for the power of it lol. Okay well then good!

I don't think it's slipping either. You have to remember, most 125's don't have much low-end grunt so they typically make up for it with some pretty incredible top-end. 250's on the other hand, typically have quite a bit of grunt, so they don't typically rev as high as the 125's.

I think im just being very paranoid and that's it

I have to replace the pressure plate every so often along with new plates and springs as is a wear item.

You can look at it and see if it is developing a grove where the fibres touch.

Good way to check if a clutch is worn is to put an extra steel in the middle , it will preload springs more and take the space up the a worn hub or pressure plate may have.( good solution also so you can use bike until your parts come in)