Sign in to follow this  

PSI Charge for Rear Shock - KDX 220 '98

what is a suitable charge psi for the nitrogen in the shock for this bike?

stock internals and no racetech gold valve.

i recall values of 170 psi ish - but not too sure.

byte

I seem to remember reading that using nitrogen isn't really necessary, clean compressed air is okay. True fact or no?

Lots of debate on that in the suspension forum.  Personally, I don't see the need other than it's dry air and easy to use if you have the proper equipment.  I use a MTB pump but someday would like to get a nitrogen setup.

interesting that the cyclepedia manual states 170psi for revalve with racetech gold valves but 142 for stock valving.

why woudl this be?

byte

ok - just had my shock bladder pressured with nitrogen - at 175psi.

this bladder is the racetech bladder and not the oem bladder.

racetech calls for 175psi in their manual.

finally, after all these months, i am now ready to re-install a completely reburbished shock with new shims and a new profile and new everything else.

i'll get there!

byte 

Edited by Byte

Out of curiosity, why did you post this question in the first place? Seems like you already had the answer.

stock internals and no racetech gold valve.

And what you first stated doesn't even match to what you most recently stated.

this bladder is the racetech bladder and not the oem bladder.

racetech calls for 175psi in their manual.

to be real honest, i did not know the answer first up and dont like wasting people's time.

you need to understand that i did not use the racetech gold valve and you need to understand that a racetech goldvalve is not the racetech bladder.

i have not used the racetech goldvalve, only the racetech bladder.

i stated 170psi ish because i have read on this fourm and other forums that this is what others have used.

i did not realise that the psi varied from the oem stock bladder to the racetech bladder until my dealer advised me today (and i am pretty sure many others did not know either).

you are like a colleague at my work - always trying to read between the lines, making incorrect deductions, posting incorrect emails with cc to our mutual boss and then backfiring on him when i uncover the gaps.....

i recommend you pause and try to understand what were posted and learn from your incorrect assumptions, mate.

byte

Edited by Byte
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity, why did you post this question in the first place? Seems like you already had the answer.

And what you first stated doesn't even match to what you most recently stated.

Byte is Byte.  Try to get to know some people before you call them out.  

Byte is Byte.  Try to get to know some people before you call them out.

I remember Byte back from when he used to post on kdx rider.net

you are like a colleague at my work - always trying to read between the lines, making incorrect deductions, posting incorrect emails with cc to our mutual boss and then backfiring on him when i uncover the gaps.....

i recommend you pause and try to understand what were posted and learn from your incorrect assumptions, mate.

Just quoting your own posts . . .

Edited by TimTee

I remember Byte back from when he used to post on kdx rider.net

Then what's the problem?  I think it's great he analyzes the shit out of things.  

Jeekinz - this is the type of thing I remember about Byte:  http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=8177&hilit=byte

There is a reason why he wore out his welcome.

I'm wired in a way that I want to figure things out myself or do things by myself.  I will spend an hour researching something before I ask for help.  Again, this is just the way I'm wired. 

WIth many of Bytes posts he would have his answer sooner if he spent a few minutes doing a search.  If you look back at them, he isn't analyzing anything, he is asking for information that is readily available.  Often times if he would have taken pictures (good ones that is) or taken some notes when he took something apart, he wouldn't need help getting it back together.

And this post is  'Byte being Byte'.  He asks for a PSI number and says he has 'stock internals'.  Members give him the number he is looking for.  Then several days later he posts back that he got it charged to a different PSI because he has an aftermarket bladder.  So the members that spent time replying to bad information - did they spend their time productively?