Car problems

Hey guys I need other people's thoughts on this... My girlfriend has 2001 Mazda protege and the other day we where driving down the highway at about 70 when her car started to vibrate and after a few it started to sound like we where hitting cracks in the road yet it was smooth ... It sound like whoop whoop whoop. My first thought was that something a ball joint or tie rod or wheeling bearing went but there is no steering wheel shake and took the wheels off the front and checked and everything is perfect up front. Well I rotated the tires because the front is worn. Well it didn't make a difference...could the tread be that uneven or what? I tired are set at 45 psi could there be a bubble? I wanna know what you guys think thanks Jeremy

Tires are inflated to what it says in the door jam, if the tires are the problem; front tires you feel it in the steering wheel- rear tires in the seat. Sounds like a bad CV, but it could be tons of different stuff, even a strut that came loose or broke. You're gonna have to take it to someone that can diagnose the problem, preferably before she gets into an accident from parts falling off the car!

Tires are inflated to what it says in the door jam, if the tires are the problem; front tires you feel it in the steering wheel- rear tires in the seat. Sounds like a bad CV, but it could be tons of different stuff, even a strut that came loose or broke. You're gonna have to take it to someone that can diagnose the problem, preferably before she gets into an accident from parts falling off the car!

.. The cv shaft Is the only thing I didn't check in the front end..

Likely wheel/hub bearing. With the car on a lift, run it up to 50-60 and use a stethoscope to listen to each front hub. Wheel/hub noise typically changes in tone or severity as you swerve or corner. The cornering loads or unloads each side.

Likely wheel/hub bearing. With the car on a lift, run it up to 50-60 and use a stethoscope to listen to each front hub. Wheel/hub noise typically changes in tone or severity as you swerve or corner. The cornering loads or unloads each side.

+1

If the bearing is bad the hub, at the wheel will also be VERY hot to the touch.

• 1 month later...