Johnson Valley Alert: Need 5 minutes from you

California

I know many feel no effort is worth your time on land issues.  But PLEASE PLEASE just let this thread be about folks that wanna help for 3 little days.

Email from CORVA explains it all...  bottomline is we need 2 calls from you in the next 3 days.  Please do it NOW if you are gonna do it at all.

Thank you.......Jeff aka BOLT

..............................................................................................................

LATEST CORVA NEWS
October 27th 2013

Your help is needed now, we need your phone calls to both our state Senators; Boxer & Feinstein. Please take the few minutes to let them both know your thoughts. Place calls in the next 3 days.

ISSUE: The Marine Corps plans are to acquire 160,000 acres of BLM land next to Marine Corps Ground Air Combat Center Twenty Nine Palms that will eliminate most of the land available under the California Desert Conservation Plan (1980) available for off highway (OHV) recreation and limits the use of 40,000 acres mostly used impacting OHV activity and the local and national economy.

RECOMMENDATION: Ask Senators to NOT approve the transfer of land from the BLM but to direct the Military to work with the Dept. of Interior on permissive use of the BLM land by USMC during exercises without live fire on the BLM land. This will allow the USMC use of the land in a manner consistent with internal directives.

Congressman Paul Cook, a combat veteran Marine who served as the Inspector General at 29 Palms and knows it well, has proposed an alternative for co-use that would allow everyone to retain some equity in use of this land. This proposal enjoys the support of the surrounding communities and was supported by the entire House of Representatives.

We urge the Senators to support a viable compromise like the Cook proposal. We will be very disappointed if they do not. Please pass this information to them, they need to HEAR FROM YOU.

Senator Boxer: Washington Office; 202-225-3121 State Office; 916-448-2787
Senator Feinstein: Washington Office; 202-224-3841 State Office; 415-393-0707

More talking points and information can be found by
CLICKING HERE

You can always make a donation to help keep us,
"On the ground and running!"

Do that by clicking: Donate to CORVA

THANKS for your support

Everyone should call their member of Congress, it is how the other side does it.

Questions:

What about emailing the senators and congressmen.  

Is this a state or Federal issue.  Should we be contacting our state representatives too?  If this is a Federal issue, then shouldn't everyone in the country be involved?

Thanks CORVA and keep up the good work!.  Every TT member that is a Californian and probably every Nevadian should be a member, if not a life member, of CORVA and The Blue Ribbon Collation!

This is some BS!

I know just about Everyone on this forum wants JV to be open to US!!! Please make the call! I'm going to after I post this ! Then I'm going to email this to everyone on my contact list! We can't let this slip by!!!

NorCal guys please help us in this also !

I called Boxers office and left a message ! Finstien office in DC was after hours , Ca # was busy signal! Ill call tomorrow !

I'm fired up about this guys !!!

As well you should be !!!

This is one of those things you think, oh it will be fine. But it won't be if you don't get off your asses and speak up!!!!!!!!

You will wake up one Saturday and have no desert to ride !!!

Everyone should call their member of Congress, it is how the other side does it.

Questions:

What about emailing the senators and congressmen.  

Is this a state or Federal issue.  Should we be contacting our state representatives too?  If this is a Federal issue, then shouldn't everyone in the country be involved?

Just follow the simple instructions and call those two Senators...  dont over think it...  Thanks 

Not a State issue...

Not a House Issue...

IS A SENATE ISSUE

Thanks again !

Okay, thanks for the info.  No need for the attitude. ("just follow the simple instructions")

If it is a Senate issue, should folks from other states contact their senators too?  If there is going to be a vote, that is.  Two out of one hundred isnt much if you keep it to California.  

Edited by ssorange

No need for the attitude. ("just follow the simple instructions")

In total seriousness, thank you for posting that. :thumbsup:

I know what will follow but being as I have never seen you post in this forum, man, nailed it.

Edited by kenshaw720

Okay, thanks for the info.  No need for the attitude. ("just follow the simple instructions")

No attitude sent...  sorry you took it that way.

Thanks again for helping out.  :thumbsup:

From CORVA rep Kim Carpenter

Your hard work to save Johnson Valley pays off,

The October 30th, 2013 late afternoon meeting between Senator Feinstein and Congressman Cook was clearly a productive first step towards understanding all of the issues surrounding the Twentynine Palms Marine Corps Base Expansion. Congressman Cook was able to fully explain the reasoning that went into amended language that is in the current House version of the NDAA. Senator Feinstein listened to that reasoning and agreed that there needs to be further review.

It is important to know that your effort in contacting Legislators is paramount in this ongoing process. For now we should suspend our efforts to contact Senator Feinstein. You have been successful; we no doubt will have to do this again, so stay prepared for the next round in our ongoing effort to Save The Hammers. This fight is far from over and will continue to the bitter end. Through the massive efforts of the OHV community, the leadership of our California Motorized Recreation Council and the professional guidance of the Livingston Group in Washington DC, we continue to engage in balancing the needs of all parties.

Thanks you for your ongoing support to protect Johnson Valley