Sign in to follow this  

2008 YZ450F vs 2007 KTM 250 XC

I have a 2008 YZ450F. It is pretty much stock other than an FMF exhaust, of which I do not particularly care for, but it was on the bike when I bought it. I am looking to go back to a 2 stroke as I miss how fun riding a two stroke can be. I am interested in getting opinions on what people think one way or another on trading my 2008 YZ450F for a 2007 KTM 250 XC.

Me:

Height: 6' 2"

Weight: 210 lbs

Skill: Novice

Preferred riding conditions: I like all type of riding, MX, GP, Dessert, Goat Trail. If I where to choose one, it would be GP style riding (I plan on racing the 6 hours of Glen Helen again) and I do alot of goat trail riding as 60 mph+ through the desert kinda puckers me up.

I found someone of CL looking to trade and want to wee what people think about the 250 XC with the PDS shock. Thanks!

I have a 2008 YZ450F. It is pretty much stock other than an FMF exhaust, of which I do not particularly care for, but it was on the bike when I bought it. I am looking to go back to a 2 stroke as I miss how fun riding a two stroke can be. I am interested in getting opinions on what people think one way or another on trading my 2008 YZ450F for a 2007 KTM 250 XC.

Me:

Height: 6' 2"

Weight: 210 lbs

Skill: Novice

Preferred riding conditions: I like all type of riding, MX, GP, Dessert, Goat Trail. If I where to choose one, it would be GP style riding (I plan on racing the 6 hours of Glen Helen again) and I do alot of goat trail riding as 60 mph+ through the desert kinda puckers me up.

I found someone of CL looking to trade and want to wee what people think about the 250 XC with the PDS shock. Thanks!

As far as race advantage goes, my suggestion is this.....

Goat trail = XC250

MX = YZ450

GP = YZ450

Dessert = YZ450

As far as fun factor, you need to ride the one you like best.