Arenacross/Endurocross before there was such a thing

This is pretty incredible racing given the era and conditions they are racing in.  There is even some crazy helmet cam footage that starts about the 4:14 mark.  I never knew racing like this existed back then.  Props to these guys, especially the top guy launching the jumps like he did and flat landing into a corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOHqY-R-4x8&sns=fb

Edit: Not sure why it won't imbed the video into the post.

Edited by Tyson501

Wow, that's nuts. If anyone played MX Superfly, that looked exactly like the tracks you could build in the game. Like a 13 year old kid on a budget built it...

This is pretty incredible racing given the era and conditions they are racing in.  There is even some crazy helmet cam footage that starts about the 4:14 mark.  I never knew racing like this existed back then.  Props to these guys, especially the top guy launching the jumps like he did and flat landing into a corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOHqY-R-4x8&sns=fb

Edit: Not sure why it won't imbed the video into the post.

That is old, remember see that many years ago in my teens 58 now., where do you think they got the IDEA for SX?

Sorry if it's old, I was only a year old when that video was taken.  I realize thats where the idea came from, just didn't know this sort of racing existed in that era.

Sorry if it's old, I was only a year old when that video was taken.  I realize thats where the idea came from, just didn't know this sort of racing existed in that era.

Hell I forgot all about it till I saw it again, New things are usually variations of old things years before, You know like air forks/shocks, disc brakes, hole shot buttons, aluminum frames, aluminum handlebars, cdi ignition(magneto) aluminum sprockets, 4valve engines, water cooled 2 strokes, etc,etc.

ROFL........ I was 'retired' from MX racing BEFORE this sort of racing started. Very few true MX racing done in the US anymore. All spectator driven here.

ROFL........ I was 'retired' from MX racing BEFORE this sort of racing started. Very few true MX racing done in the US anymore. All spectator driven here.

Clearly it's not if you watched Utah this year!

Clearly it's not if you watched Utah this year!

Note the bolded part......

What a fun and wild race! Who knew woodcross existed! Was surprised to see a guy or two running a rear knobbie! Wasn't there a similar helmet cam used on a scene in One Any Sunday?

most of it looks extremely similar to modern day endurocross but it seems more fast pace and creative.  I love it!! 

Wow that looks soooo sketchy but super fun too!

Daaaaaaaang. At 5:00. This one dude freggin launches into the corner lol lol lol...I thought I was crazy , these dude are straight up huslazzzz