2003 CR250 Not running right :(

I've got an 2003 CR250 that is not running properly. 

Aftermarket Parts:

FMF Fatty Pipe with Powercore 2 Silencer

Keihin 38 mm PWK Airstriker Carb (blue needle in first position, 172 main, 45 pilot) 

Boyesen reeds 

Steahly flywheel weight

Here's a little back story...

I've been riding the bike with no issues since installing the new parts and it was running great for a few months.

I went out to practice at Canyon Motocross and it was working good. I pulled off to take a break.. got back on the track and all of a sudden it starts doing this weird stutter out of nowhere. Like it's bogging down. I pulled off the track.. everything looked good. Got back on and it still did it.

I decided to take a look at the RC Valve components and I took the entire top end off and apart. The cylinder was cracked at the exhaust port and the squish zone on the cylinder head was blown away. I rebuilt the top end. New Cylinder, New cylinder head, new piston and rings, new flap valves and a new flap valve shaft. The cables were replaced a few months ago - slack is good. I Installed everything and made sure all the parts moved as they should. Checked the reeds and they looked good. Cleaned out the carburetor. Cleaned the air filter. Been running a 40:1 mix with Castor 927 premix.  Fired the bike back up and its still doing the same sputter. Took it out to the desert and it still did the same thing. It seems that the problem gets worse the longer the bike runs

Took it to Canyon again after some float adjustment on the carberetor and its still doing it. Decided to check the RC Valve at the track by taking the cover off and looking at how the valves are opening and closing. Turns out it is not closing properly. It flutters and would stay wide open at idle... So we tested the servo and it didn't seem as strong going in both directions so I replaced the servo motor. Put the new one on the bike and it still stays open at idle and won't close as it should at lower RPMs

Next we decided to replace the CDI.. Put a brand new CDI in the bike and fired it up. WOO! the bike seemed to function properly while sitting in the garage. The RC valve seemed to be opening and closing like a champ. Took it out to the track... still getting the same sputter.. Took the RC valve cover off and revved the bike up. For the most part it looked to be functioning properly. At mid-throttle there seems like there is a slight flutter. 

So we thought Maybe the flywheel weight is throwing something off? Took off the weight and rode the bike.. Still does it. 

I'm lost. There are only a few more parts left to replace before I have almost an entirely new bike. I'm thinking it is an electrical issue purely based off of the fact that this problem started out of nowhere. 

Any opinions? Does anyone have a 2003 CR250 they wouldn't mind letting me swap parts to diagnose the problem ? 

• 5 months later...

I love how people come here with questions and then just leave us hanging with no resolution...... ?

My favorite is when other posters come in and tell him to run a JD jetting kit, without reading that he ALREADY was. Finding good help on the internet is difficult. 

Edited by Blaze45