Cody Webb makes it two in a row at Everett EnduroCross

Endurocross

MEDFORD, OR – October 28, 2013 – (Motor Sports Newswire) -  “It felt so great the first time, I wanted to do it again!” And that’s exactly what Cody Webb did in front of a sold-out crowd at the Comcast Arena in Everett, Washington on Saturday night. He did it again! Winning two GEICO EnduroCross wins in a season is tough enough, but back-to-back wins is a whole other level.

Factory Beta pilot and Motorcycle Superstore support rider Webb set the fastest Hot Lap which gave him the first gate pick, but it was Mike Brown who grabbed the holeshot and the lead in the final race. After battling with Taylor Robert the first four laps, Webb moved into second place and began stalking Brown who had stretched out his lead to about nine seconds. On lap 10, Webb made an aggressive move on Brown to take the lead and held on for the next two laps to take the checkered flag. The race win is best summed up in Cody’s words:

“After my my first victory in Denver I wanted to prove to myself and everyone else that it wasn’t a fluke. I had a great night in Everett getting my second win in a row, proving to everyone that I belong at the top. I felt great on the track all day and I thought the course was a good mix for all the riders. I struggled with one portion of the track compared to some of the other top guys, but was able to gain ground in other sections. I qualified fastest Hot Lap right before the main, giving me first gate pick and I came out of the first turn in third. From there I battled with Taylor Robert back and forth behind Mike Brown, who already pulled a large lead. My arms became very fatigued and I had horrible arm pump, but I noticed Brown was lacking his normal intensity and must’ve been feeling the same. I took advantage of that and made a pass on the inside right before the white flag. From there I rode smart and got my second straight win. It felt so great to win again and to know that I belong at the top.”

With only two rounds left in the series, Webb is now tied for fourth in points with Colton Haaaker, who finished third on the night. Taddy Blazusiak leads the points race with 112. Brown is in second with 105 and Taylor Robert is third with 90 points. Mathematically, the title is still up for grabs.

Some spectators consider EnduroCross the greatest racing on the planet, so you might want to check out the action at either Boise, ID or the final round in Las Vegas, NV. For complete details and tickets, go online to www.endurocross.com

131028-motorcycle-superstore-cody-webb.j

131028-motorcycle-superstore-cody-webb-1

That was an awesome race. Glad to see web and the Beta on the top of the box. Also really impressed with Brown"s congratulatory pat on the back after that intense of a race. One question about the article though, for some reason I thought Brown was leaving this round 7 points ahead of Taddy and the article says the opposite. Whats the scoop?

Such an awesome race. Couldnt believe Brownie threw it away with Webb was passing him!!!! Congrats to Cody

Webb is on a mission this year.

That new Beta is a sweet bike... might be my next one.

Im surprised Endurocross doesn't get more attention on the Moto websites (ie: Racerx) during the off season we are in. Seems like its the closest thing we have going during these fall months. Great racing and the online live coverage was great!

I guess it goes to show that Endurocross isn't likely to displace SX/MX anytime soon as far as popularity goes. Six posts in five days is pretty much a collective yawn in the pro section. Now, if you could somehow get the Alessi's to race Ecross, then you inject controversy and that's always good for 10 pages or so.

I think its been an awesome series this year. So many story lines in the racing alone.

I guess it goes to show that Endurocross isn't likely to displace SX/MX anytime soon as far as popularity goes. Six posts in five days is pretty much a collective yawn in the pro section. Now, if you could somehow get the Alessi's to race Ecross, then you inject controversy and that's always good for 10 pages or so.

Most of the pro section is a collective yawn anyhow,  inhabited my man-boys bickering like kids in a sand lot.

TS has more intelligent conversation going on.

Most of the pro section is a collective yawn anyhow,  inhabited my man-boys bickering like kids in a sand lot.

TS has more intelligent conversation going on.

The collective IQ in TS couldn't produce enough energy to form a brain fart. Return to your lame forum and continue to think your ideas have value to the rest of the world.

The collective IQ in TS couldn't produce enough energy to form a brain fart. Return to your lame forum and continue to think your ideas have value to the rest of the world.

TS is not my forum....your response sounds like a pretty typical TS one though.

Pro Forum would be a great forum if not cluttered by so much useless, uninformative posts. I go there to get hard info, results, etc. Mostly I end up leaving shaking my head asking myself who cares about T Doshi's monthly cycle and everyone's constant whining and whinging.

It's a public forum, not a newspaper. If you want "hard info" and results that's where you would go. In here you get tidbits of info and a bunch of guys bench racing and having fun. Pro would be a ghost town if the banter that fills the space between the relevent info was gone. You are seriously interested in a forum that consists of RV finished first again, Dungey second and James crashed and nothing else? Results are dry and uninteresting. Hard info? If we could even understand what you meant by that  why do you think you would find it here? Apparently it's such a secretive  industry none of those with inside info dare spill anything until it doesn't matter anymore for fear of losing their sources. Conjecture and wild guesses are the currency of this place, mixed in with sarcasm and humor. Sorry that doesn't appeal to your mercurial sensibilities. And T Doshi is a universal whipping boy no matter what forum you're in.

Fair enough...There is room for a ton of cool topics other than race results. It's a good forum, just gets a little much at times in certain threads.

Edited by ckny