possible closure of 1.8 million acres of CA and NV desert (Big Pine to Carson City) YIKES

California

Hey,

Got a disturbing email for the Blue Ribbon Collation that the Fish and Wildlife (used to be Fish and Game) is going to push ahead with closing or restrictions in the following areas:

Maphttp://www.fws.gov/nevada/nv_species/documents/sage_grouse/mono/mono_sage_grouse_dist_map.pdf

Here is the BRC link complete with video. Be sure to watch the video:

CALIFORNIA-NEVADA - FWS Wants to List the Bi-State Sage-Grouse as Threatened | BlueRibbon Coalition

This looks kinda bad folks.

FROM THE BRC:

Public Meetings: 
The November 5, 2013, public meeting will be held at the Tri-County 
Fairgrounds, Home Economics Room, Sierra Street and Fair Drive, Bishop, CA 93514.

The November 6, 2013, public meeting will be held at the Smith Valley Community 
Center, 2783 State Route 208, Wellington, NV 89444.

BRC is asking riders who frequent the affected areas to review the Federal Register notices and to make OHV management-specific comments by the December 27, 2013, comment period deadline.

There are two ways to comment
(1) Electronically: Go to the Federal eRulemaking Portal:  http://www.regulations.gov

In the Search box, enter FWS-R8-ES-2013-0042 and FWS-R8-ES-2013-0072, which are the docket numbers for these rulemakings. Then, in the Search panel on the left side of the screen, under the Document Type heading, click on the Proposed Rules link to locate this document. You may submit a comment by clicking on "Comment Now!"

(2) By hard copy: Submit by U.S. mail or hand-delivery to: Public Comments Processing, Attn: FWS-R8-ES-2013-0042 and FWS-R8-ES-2013-0072; Division of Policy and Directives Management; U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; 4401 N. Fairfax Drive, MS 2042-PDM; Arlington, VA 22203.

Thanks for your review of this all too important matter.

Don Amador
Western Representative
BlueRibbon Coalition, Inc.

Edited by ssorange

:mad:

Ride while you can boys and girls!

wow,  good bye NV

With The General on our side, we're done for.

Edited by bobc1

Well, I think the point of the BRC notice is to try to get out in front of it before it is completely closed off.  The video of Don speaking about the possible closure or restriction really sums it up.  Lets not rest on our laurels here. This IS a big chunk of land but maybe we can get some of our OHRV needs accommodated even if this moves forward.  But if we don't voice our opinion we will not get anything.   

Its like my wife always says "the answer is ALWAYS no, unless you ask."  Of course with her it is still usually NO :lol:  . Though I did get her to  let me buy a new Beta. :thumbsup:  I just hope there will be someplace to ride it.

If you would like to join the Discussion Group that is up and running about this issue PM me and include your email address.

J

are there any updates?

do you know gary from dust devils mc? he'd probaly know the latest

talk about desolate...why does anybody give a crap is someone is out there? :excuseme:

^ part of the plan 

agenda 21

^ part of the plan

agenda 21

Yup, or a trade land to China for debt deal...

why does China give a crap that we are out there? :excuseme: