Best tyre options?

Your leading edge (front edge of the groove) appears to be wearing more (unevenly) than your trailing edge. This is an indication of an unbalanced suspension set up based on your riding style. I did two track days this year and Dave Moss uses tire wear as an indicator for compression and rebound settings. I did 8 laps, came back in, my rear tire was good, but the front was showing more trailing edge wear. He backed off the fork rebound 3 clicks. I came back in half way through the day and everything looked really good.

If you think about this, and if I am correctly seeing the wear based on your tire photo, what it means is under acceleration the rear is coming up too quickly onto the leading edge of the tire and spinning up.

I dont get what you are saying? The suspension hasnt been changed for all the tyres iv had and never had this issue? The back wheel doesnt spin ? But the middle is flat than the sides so i assume that is causing this issue? In a way its streching the tyre?

I wasn't talking about your lack of tread from a worn tire that has flattened and lost it's profile. I was looking at the tread wear pattern that is on the lean angle surface of the tire. Sorry. It's over your head. Carry on.

Its almost impossible to read a tire...many small details to look at

Its almost impossible to read a tire...many small details to look at

Our suspension guru out here would disagree. If you're on Facebook follow Dave Moss for a while and you'll see how little we know.

Edited by Bluelunatic
  • Like 1

Well just an update i got a new one the pilots front and back was cheaper to buy two ? and he said there is nothing wrong with the tyre he said cause its worn more in the middle compare to the outsides it was just streching it but dont buy them dunlops iv had it on like 2000 miles

Well just an update i got a new one the pilots front and back was cheaper to buy two ? and he said there is nothing wrong with the tyre he said cause its worn more in the middle compare to the outsides it was just stretching it but dont buy them dunlops iv had it on like 2000 miles

Oh, so your tyre had stretch marks...? ..... when did it have the baby.??. :confused:

2000miles only on the dunlop qualifier and they look like that??

And with the "way pass du" as it is: The last of my worry would be those "slits"

holy crap!!  How many psi are you running?

a couple year ago I did 5000miles on a GSXR750 with qualifier!

I do 6000miles with pilot power.

now I run Pilot Road2 : I'm at 6000miles and it's not even half used.

Don't miss any grip: can clutch wheelie whitout any slip in heavy rain at 40F....even power wheely easy at 32F

Edited by maxpat82