2007 CRF450R , convert to Super Moto Street Legal,VA!

Was thinking about turning my CRF450 Into a street legal Supermoto? Any ideas as to what I would be looking at cost wise? How do you get it approved to be legal? Looking at the KTM 500 already legal , selling for $10,000.00. It comes with all parts that were taken off ,wheels ,tires,etc.2013 model.

Ballpark figure?

Thanks,Troyimage.jpg

Edited by 76Motox

money wise, do you have supermoto parts already?  Motostrano has a "street legalizer" kit with the SM parts and lights etc.

http://www.motostrano.com/Supermoto-Conversion-Kit-The-Street-Legalizer-p/kit-street-legal.htm

$1700

I think procycle sells a stator for it for $200ish

Before spending any money i would first try to get an offroad only title through the dmv for it.  Wait a week, then go back and try to get a change of use.  VA wants you to title your off road vehicles so getting a title shouldnt be too bad, but its the change of use from 'off road only' to using it on the road.  sometimes its easy, sometimes not.  Ive been told dont ever say "i want to register and tag my dirtbike".  dont ever mention dirtbike when you look for the change of use.  After you get a street title, get it all sorted then go back to get it registered.

With the hondas ive heard guys run 'extra oil' kits for them.  If i remember right you have separate tranny and crank oil and each is like 500cc or something.  Unless you want to change your oil every day id want a bit more than that.

what part of VA are you in?

what part of VA are you in?

Hanover Co.

Hanover Co.

okay so a bit north of my.  Thats north Richmond right.  Like mechanicsville?

okay so a bit north of my. Thats north Richmond right. Like mechanicsville?

Yeah, not far from Mechanicsville ! Actually , I'm 20 miles west of Richmond.

gotcha.  Im like 3.5hrs away.  I plan to ride to the mx track there next year.  I ran a rugged maniac there and id like to take a bike up there:)

gotcha. Im like 3.5hrs away. I plan to ride to the mx track there next year. I ran a rugged maniac there and id like to take a bike up there:)

What's the name of the motocross track? Where's it at?

VMP virginia motorsports part i think.  its on the other side of richmond from you i think.

VMP virginia motorsports part i think. its on the other side of richmond from you i think.

OK,yeah they have a motocross track and the 1/4 drag strip.

yup