best intermediate to hard terrain front and rear combo

I have to choose a good tire combo for a 2014 kx250f. The surface is hard packed, gravel like material with some loose in the corners. It is a supercross style setup with jumps then tight corners, a lot like arena cross.

the brands can be mixed to get best results.

Much appreciate all the feedback on this one.

rider is advanced a class.

thanks

Al

These tires were developed specifically for intermediate to hardpack. I have tested the sticky compound on a YZ250  and the wear is good and the grip is excellent. The wear is much better than the works/soft compound Dunlop MX51 which only lasts one day or less:

http://www.kendatire.com/en/motorcycle/mx-off-road/triple/

k7811.jpg

k781f1.jpg

I have tested Dunlop MX51, Bridgestone M403 M404 combo and Pirelli Mxextra. Pirelli front and Kenda rear is my favoirte combo for the racing you describe. But the Kenda front is quite a lot cheaper for me, and not much worse than the Pirelli. It has a slightly stronger side-wall so resists pinch flats better up front. The wide front (90) section offers a bigger contact, which I like when there is no ruts.

Have a look at Dunlop mx71 also.

I am partial to the bridgestones.  If you want an intermediate/hard tire then you want the M603 on the front and M604 on the back.  The tires are great but the M603 on the front can be a little unstable in softer terrain.  I have had much better luck with the M403 on the front.

I have to choose a good tire combo for a 2014 kx250f. The surface is hard packed, gravel like material with some loose in the corners. It is a supercross style setup with jumps then tight corners, a lot like arena cross.

the brands can be mixed to get best results.

Much appreciate all the feedback on this one.

rider is advanced a class.

thanks

Al

I don't mean to sound like an ass but...

Are you trying to tell me that a guy who is an advanced A class guy riding arena cross and supercross style tracks needs advice on picking a tire?

Really?

Have a look at Dunlop mx71 also.

+1

Michelin MH 3 works really well in hard packed conditions. If it is extremely hard go with the Michelin HP4's. Just my 2 cents.

I don't mean to sound like an ass but...

Are you trying to tell me that a guy who is an advanced A class guy riding arena cross and supercross style tracks needs advice on picking a tire?

Really?

:lol:

cb60130

The rider 16 yrs old does not race supercross. He was strictly outdoor motocross. I am his mechanic. I was just going for a consensus on which combo people suggest.

Lots of learning for tight tracks.

thanks

I use Michelin MH3 front an back one one set of wheels. I use Michelin S12XC on another set. Will buy again.