Sign in to follow this  

Winter Premix, please read first!

I generally run castor 927 in my yz250 (smells good and performs good). So i know that castor oil aint the best for colder conditions so ill be using a synthetic oil for winter. Now I know there is alot of threads about premix so dont give me no s**t please. But I have come down to three options Motul 800 2t, maxima k2, and cross power 2t. What i basically want is a racey and distinct scent. Im weird but I want the people Im passing on the track to know that smell hahaha :smirk: . Im asking y'all because i have no experience with these oils and maybe y'all could give me some insight on them. Oh and I usually race at a sandy west texas track so Im always on the pipe. And yes it does get a little chilly down here in gods country...

Edited by YamahaRider33

I tried the Motul 800, wasn't a fan. Smokey and I lost some of the crispness I had with my regular oil.  Haven't tried the other 2 so I won't comment on those.

I tried the Motul 800, wasn't a fan. Smokey and I lost some of the crispness I had with my regular oil.  Haven't tried the other 2 so I won't comment on those.

Alright well I just said those three because I read some good info about them, so any other oil suggestions would be great!

What do you use?

-appreciate it

Edited by YamahaRider33

I run the K2 with excellent results.....Ive run it in all my 2ts since 09 and never suffered a failure. But I'm also the guy who runs Rotella so what the heck do I know?

Amsoil, doesn't have the smell you are looking for, but an excellent product imo.

• Like 1

Amsoil, doesn't have the smell you are looking for, but an excellent product imo.

What is this preoccupation guys have with the smell???  I don't give a damm how it smells if it protects and works like it should.

• Like 4

Yeah I read it was great oil, what part tejas you located at?

I'm in western Colorado

Alright well I just said those three because I read some good info about them, so any other oil suggestions would be great!

What do you use?

-appreciate it

Amsoil Interceptor has proven to be my favorite over and over for the last 5 years.

What is this preoccupation guys have with the smell???  I don't give a damm how it smells if it protects and works like it should.

Personally, I don't care about the smell, and if i'm following someone who has that smell for too long it gives me a headache :). That's why I use Amsoil, it does an excellent job at what I need it too. The op mentioned he wanted something with "that smell", which is why I mentioned it.

Used Peanut oil from Burger King

thats funny, I had an old beater bike I used to try weird oils in (mixed with regular premix oil) ...they all worked fine ...I wouldnt suggest in in any bike you care about though...haha

Try a splash of Techniplate mixed in with your regular premix oil of choice... theres your scent.

Edited by avocasingletrack
  • Like 1