Sign in to follow this  

Muffler slider?

From wheelingcyclesupply.com? anybody bought this one? its 35 bucks! is it a hard nylon plastic? Im wanting something tough that will actually slide on the website it looks like one someone made with a rubber hose...  

After recently looping and getting very lucky that the bike landed on the left side! i was thinking i should try and protect my brand new mrd/ssw... (only had the pipe one for like 2 weeks when i looped it!) 

also if not this exhaust slider anybody have an opinion of wether or not any of these exhaust sliders will actually save your pipe or not? 

i doubt it but i have the rubber hose one on both of my bikes. you could always send it to dave to fix it. if its out of warranty then it probably would cost less than a new exhaust to fix it...

that makes sense... mind posting a pic of one of your mrd/ssw's with a slider on it? i like the look of the pipe without it although i have only seen one pipe with a slider on it...

Automotive fuel line or heater hose cut to length just shy of the of the mufflers circumference  would do the same, secure with a hose clamp or large zip tie.

Hope you don't mind me butting in, but here's a slider I like, hard plastic and lays flatter than the hose kind, and won't roll.............

Slider004_zpsa4b61451.jpg

Seems like it was $45 or so, but honestly don't remember. If you're interested I'll find the link. Let me know

Automotive fuel line or heater hose cut to length just shy of the of the mufflers circumference  would do the same, secure with a hose clamp or large zip tie.

my only thing that worries me about heater hose is that its rubber... is it just going to catch on the asphalt and rip right off?... instead of being like hard nylon and sliding...

• Like 1

my only thing that worries me about heater hose is that its rubber... is it just going to catch on the asphalt and rip right off?... instead of being like hard nylon and sliding...

Heater hose will catch and mess your can as bad as not having one on at all. Ask me how I know  LOL KLX had heater hose we will just say was not a pretty sight

Dan

Sorry had to throw a pic of my old baby:

100_4009.jpg

Edited by Sideways1
  • Like 1

Hope you don't mind me butting in, but here's a slider I like, hard plastic and lays flatter than the hose kind, and won't roll.............

Slider004_zpsa4b61451.jpg

Seems like it was $45 or so, but honestly don't remember. If you're interested I'll find the link. Let me know

I would love to see a link on this. 35 to 50 bucks a hell of a lot cheaper than a new can...

Dan

PS that looks sweet there buddy

• Like 1

Posted Image

looks like you need a new rear tire :bonk:
  • Like 1

dude that green chain is sweet! and i figured the heater hose wasnt doing any real good...

Thanks,  that was a fun little bike wish I had kept it.

Thanks Man

No prob..........

not to hijack the thread, but I used to have a KLX300R that looked alot like that, except for the wheels. Is that what I think it is?

No prob..........

not to hijack the thread, but I used to have a KLX300R that looked alot like that, except for the wheels. Is that what I think it is?

2007 KLX250S with  some D Tracker wheels from Japan fun little bike.

• Like 1

here's my slider...it's a one off factory item... (I made it, lol)  My pipe isn't round so no need for the o-ring type sliders (which look crappy)...I'm happy with the looks of mine and know it will do the job just fine. (made from solid  tephlon)

20131029_092304-1-1_resized.jpg

here's my slider...it's a one off factory item... (I made it, lol)  My pipe isn't round so no need for the o-ring type sliders (which look crappy)...I'm happy with the looks of mine and know it will do the job just fine. (made from solid  tephlon)

Is that a Pirelli Supercorsa Tyre?

How do you find the 160 profile? Any chain slap?

Is that a Pirelli Supercorsa Tyre?

How do you find the 160 profile? Any chain slap?

Yah it's an sc-1 but not a 160...it's a 150.  I get my tires direct from the Pirelli rep at the track...can't get these tires anywhere else.  ...and yes, they are awesome!