Sign in to follow this  

1982XR250R

Finally got a good insulator and cleaned the carb jets etc. put it together and nothing. I tried the screw at 1 then 2 then 3 turns out but I was lucky to get a weak backfire. Fuel is running good, spark is strong. Anyone know of some special quirk this might have? Anyone know how many turns on the screw for this machine?

Replace the pilot jet with a new one, and clear the passage above it with fishing line and spray brake cleaner.

I did clean it out with a welding tip set blew carb cleaner and about 60lbs of air not good enough? I do appreciate your response and will give that Area another look. Anyone out there have a PDF maual for this bike I can give you $10.00 paypal for your trouble thanks

I did clean it out with a welding tip set blew carb cleaner and about 60lbs of air not good enough? I do appreciate your response and will give that Area another look. Anyone out there have a PDF maual for this bike I can give you $10.00 paypal for your trouble thanks

I still need to know how many turns on the screw if someone can help me with that

I still need to know how many turns on the screw if someone can help me with that

Start with one turn out.

Start the bike, and lower the idle as low as you can get it.

Not raise the idle using the fuel screw.

Your goal is approx 1.5 turns out, but the idle speed is most important.

If you need to go much more or much less, that means you pilot size is off.

You can't clean the corrosion out of the inside of a pilot jet.

Start with one turn out.

Start the bike, and lower the idle as low as you can get it.

Not raise the idle using the fuel screw.

Your goal is approx 1.5 turns out, but the idle speed is most important.

If you need to go much more or much less, that means you pilot size is off.

You can't clean the corrosion out of the inside of a pilot jet.

Ok thanks I will get a new pilot jet thank you all all for your advise! At this point I cant start it but once I get a pilot jet hopefully it will and I will adjust 1.5 out thanks again!

Can someone please tell me what size pilot jet I need for a 1982 XR250R? thanks!

Edited by BruceDeuce

thank you!

Well I purchased a rebuild kit and in this kit the pilot jet is a screw in. On the carb the pilot jet is a push in. Can someone tell me what I'm missing here?

Well I purchased a rebuild kit and in this kit the pilot jet is a screw in. On the carb the pilot jet is a push in. Can someone tell me what I'm missing here?

Post a pic, Bruce.

Post a pic, Bruce.

Here's the old and new side by side. There are no threads in the hole

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1386546234.598116.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1386546252.684111.jpg

Edited by BruceDeuce

Looks like you have to clean the old and press it home, or make the new one fit.

Looks like you have to clean the old and press it home, or make the new one fit.

Yes that appears to be the case. I have the. Jet soaking in chem dip.

Yes that appears to be the case. I have the. Jet soaking in chem dip.

I put it together put it back on the bike no good. Shot some carb cleaner in her but that's as long as it will run till it burned the cleaner. Does anyone know what mikuni Carb will fit the xr250r ? Edited by BruceDeuce