sell my 09 crf 450r for 09 exc 300

hey guys im looking into selling my 09 crf 450 for a exc 300. i mainly ride trails where i live in RI and up in maine and new hampshire; and the occasional trip to a track for a day.  my 450 is fun to ride be is a pain in tight trails.  i recently picked up a 2014 exc 500 which i turned into a supermoto and it really made me like the ktm style.  i caught interest in a exc 300 due to it being a enduro bike thats ment to be ridden in the woods and my 450 is not; and the fact that the 300 will be cheaper to rebuild.  the only thing holding me back is worrying if ill regret selling my 450 and not end up liking the 300.  i`d like to get some advice or guidance on making my decision. thanks

PICs for clicks 

21kjash.jpg

29qazxy.png

My opinion is stick with the 450. Have you considered the 450X? Haven't ridden the x myself though... Just a thought .

I'm selling my kx450f because I picked up a 300xc and haven't touched the 450 since. No regrets

I'm selling my kx450f because I picked up a 300xc and haven't touched the 450 since. No regrets

what type or riding do you do? ive been doing riding at a local sand dunes doing jumps and hill climbs will the 300 be able to perform as good as a 450?

Nothing wrong with the 300 , if you don't like it . Sell it and buy another 4T :excuseme:

Edited by backyard hack

I've had two different 300s and didn't like either.. And I love 2ts! My yz450f and my ex crf450 r would by far be my choice over any 300.. There not what I expected them to be..

what type or riding do you do? ive been doing riding at a local sand dunes doing jumps and hill climbs will the 300 be able to perform as good as a 450?

I ride desert. Lots of big sand whoops, lots of single track, some mountains. The 300 does not tire me out nearly as much and turns so much better due to the weight savings. The only two things I think my 450 does better would be open baja style 5th gear wot riding and it tracks straighter than the 300 through big sandy whoops. I dont feel like the 300 is underpowered at all. I can ride it a gear taller than my 450 on big hills ( but the 450 has a 48 rear and 300 50 rear so not really apples to apples). The 300 also doesnt flame out like the fi on my 450 at low speed throttle opening. If I was really fit and racing I would probably ride the 450 more but for me the 300 is perfect.