Sign in to follow this  

Kx250 wiseco bottom end?

My buddies doing a rebuild on his kx250 and the bike I ride the wiseco cranks are garbage. I was wondering if that's the same for the kx250's? His bike is a 2000 year model

Wiseco cranks are garbage no matter what engine they are for. Pistons are great, cranks suck!

That's all I needed to know. Appreciate it!

Haha yeah that's prob what the guy put in before him and why the cranks broke now.. Looks like a hot rods crank it is!

Edited by Diggla117

Seriously, I thought it was just hype, went ahead and ordered a wiseco, then did more research, but it was too late. I thought I was good, but nope, there went 5 hours and 200 bones. Put it this way, I am good at pulling my bike apart now..

They are junk!! In my opinion so are they're pistons. I ride a Yz 125 and I choose to run oem pistons because they're fantastic. If you do run a wiseco piston you better replace it every 20 hours. From MY experience they explode a little premature. But don't run they're cranks! I put a hot rods in my Yz and I'm about 20 hours in and I'm very happy.

They are junk!! In my opinion so are they're pistons. I ride a Yz 125 and I choose to run oem pistons because they're fantastic. If you do run a wiseco piston you better replace it every 20 hours. From MY experience they explode a little premature. But don't run they're cranks! I put a hot rods in my Yz and I'm about 20 hours in and I'm very happy.

I actually put a wiseco piston in my 450r a few hours ago.. But that's a four banger. Anyways appreciate the feedback fellas

I don't think they're as bad for the thumpers I was referring to two smokes. But I'm glad it's workin for ya man! If it works it works and when it works you ride