Kx250 wiseco bottom end?

My buddies doing a rebuild on his kx250 and the bike I ride the wiseco cranks are garbage. I was wondering if that's the same for the kx250's? His bike is a 2000 year model

Wiseco cranks are garbage no matter what engine they are for. Pistons are great, cranks suck!

Wiseco cranks are garbage no matter what engine they are for. Pistons are great, cranks suck!

That's all I needed to know. Appreciate it!

I had a wiseco crank blow the big end after 20 hours. Sucked bad.

Wiseco cranks are like a magic 8 ball.....lol shake them up, hope for the right answer but in the end, disaster.

8ball.jpg

8ball.jpg

haha

Haha yeah that's prob what the guy put in before him and why the cranks broke now.. Looks like a hot rods crank it is!

Edited by Diggla117

magic_8_ball_3_zps28327f3b.jpg

Get on ebay and find a used OEM crank and then have it rebuilt with a OEM or Pro-X rod kit.

Posted Image

Lol

Seriously, I thought it was just hype, went ahead and ordered a wiseco, then did more research, but it was too late. I thought I was good, but nope, there went 5 hours and 200 bones. Put it this way, I am good at pulling my bike apart now..

They are junk!! In my opinion so are they're pistons. I ride a Yz 125 and I choose to run oem pistons because they're fantastic. If you do run a wiseco piston you better replace it every 20 hours. From MY experience they explode a little premature. But don't run they're cranks! I put a hot rods in my Yz and I'm about 20 hours in and I'm very happy.

They are junk!! In my opinion so are they're pistons. I ride a Yz 125 and I choose to run oem pistons because they're fantastic. If you do run a wiseco piston you better replace it every 20 hours. From MY experience they explode a little premature. But don't run they're cranks! I put a hot rods in my Yz and I'm about 20 hours in and I'm very happy.

I actually put a wiseco piston in my 450r a few hours ago.. But that's a four banger. Anyways appreciate the feedback fellas

I don't think they're as bad for the thumpers I was referring to two smokes. But I'm glad it's workin for ya man! If it works it works and when it works you ride

Great you just successfully installed a ticking time under your seat...... :p  

Great you just successfully installed a ticking time under your seat...... :p  

If this is in reference to the Hot Rods crank sourcing and installation - you're wrong. :moon:

where was hot rods mentioned in this thread?  :moon:  

where was hot rods mentioned in this thread? :moon:

Post number 8 :prof:

I actually put a wiseco piston in my 450r a few hours ago.. But that's a four banger. Anyways appreciate the feedback fellas

nope I was  posting in reference to this one.... :prof: