HOPETOWN REUNION VIDEO

California

Great old footage.  I raced Hopetown several years, '67, '68, and '69, I believe.  Maybe '70, I can't recall.

Great old footage.  I raced Hopetown several years, '67, '68, and '69, I believe.  Maybe '70, I can't recall.

I bet those were some good times...!!!!

The new bikes are a lot better and I would miss the internet and microwaves...but pretty much the rest of everything was better in the '60's....

I was born in 83.

I was born in 83.

I was on my third street bike in 83.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=112.0;at

I was thinking the other day...  how the hell did Jerry Brown get re-elected after being such a clown last go round...  then I realized, half of you guys weren't born or were in diapers back then.  Most of you had the internet at birth.  Todays kids are born with cell phones.  The biggest changes these days are whats the newest iphone model. 

Amazing what a few years does for a man's point of view. Some of us watched the lunar landing on scratchy B&W and others have always seen the world in full color in HD.  Funny things haven't gotten any better. 

I digress  gerg.gif

I had a 83 Honda Ascot 500 single cylinder. It was my first street bike, basically a XR 500 street bike. I use to wheelie that thing all over Canyon Country back in eighties. I can't believe I never got arrested.

Great first bike.