Sign in to follow this  

Loudmouth mx for kx450f, good or bad investment?

I put one on my 09 a few years ago. It seemed to really make a difference, seemed to give it a bit more grunt. Almost like an exhaust system on a carbed bike. I'm still working with stock exhaust on mine.

• Like 1

Easy to install. If it only made changing the airfilter easier it would be worth it for that alone, but it did seem to give my 06 more boost everywhere, but especially on top. I think it's a good investment for you.

They claim that it's easier to change and clean the filter and air box with this set up. I've did a lot of research in this before I attempted to drop 170 bucks on a filter system. But who knows, I'll find out when it comes in the mail haha but thanks for ur input man

They claim that it's easier to change and clean the filter and air box with this set up. I've did a lot of research in this before I attempted to drop 170 bucks on a filter system. But who knows, I'll find out when it comes in the mail haha but thanks for ur input man

No, it's definitely easier. That's what I was saying. It also improves throttle response and power.

It is pretty much like a filter install on a sport quad or car aftermarket intake. Just slide the filter over the lip and use the provided hose clamp to tighten it down. I believe when I did mine I pulled the subframe to make it a little easier to install, but I could be wrong, it was a while ago.

lost a little low end power with it on my 09. I bought it for the pure fact of the solid sealing compared to the factory filter set up. Filter changes are easy now and no dirt what so ever in the intake boot.

Honestly one of the hardest after market parts to install. I was getting pissed off with the thing but finally got it to work. Gonna test it out tomorro and see if it does what it claims