can someone tell me the difference between all the different pipes!?

like whats the power differences between the fmf gnarly,fatty,pro circuit works,and the stock pipe. im deciding which to put on my yz250 but i dont know the benifits of one or the other? please help

I had a pro circuit full exhaust on my 2002 cr250. It was set up for racing and built by mike jones in Salem Ohio but all I can tell I is it sound awesome!!! It's all a preference I think but I don't know actual specs on each pipe

Gnarlys give low to mid power, fattys give a slight bump everywhere, and the SST is a top end screamer pipe. Never had another brand, can't help with those.

like whats the power differences between the fmf gnarly,fatty,pro circuit works,and the stock pipe. im deciding which to put on my yz250 but i dont know the benifits of one or the other? please help

Not to be a dic, but if you have to ask "which pipe" on the interet , that tells me your a novice to performance, and that your just wasting money on "wallet bait" pipes. Considering you have a YZ250 (which is tuned about as perfect as you can get) I would suggest forget about "which pipe" spend time holding the throttle open longer, maybe spend some money on a suspension rebuild/re-spring/re-valve that matches your weight and ability.  (strictly just my experienced opinions)

I agree with Polar. Skip the "bling" and get something that will help your riding. The stock pipe is damn good.

I just went from a stock pipe to a gnarly. The increase in low end torque is astonishing. The top end falls off really quick though. If you're doing woods riding, that's the way to go. Stock pipe performs well in all areas.

What year of yz do u have. I read an article on mxs saying that all the test riders hated the stock yz250 2013 pipe. The pros, vets and amaturs did not like it, it was dead last out of 5 pipes. What i dont get is the 05/06 was the bomb and the 2013 is a close cousin of the 06. So why did the test riders not like the 2013 stock pipe.

What year of yz do u have. I read an article on mxs saying that all the test riders hated the stock yz250 2013 pipe. The pros, vets and amaturs did not like it, it was dead last out of 5 pipes. What i dont get is the 05/06 was the bomb and the 2013 is a close cousin of the 06. So why did the test riders not like the 2013 stock pipe.

My only guess that between now and then, the YZ went to global specs where the jetting and exhaust changed from back when 05/06 where tested as US models. Not sure how much more that could've made a difference or if it even did, but that is the only thing I could think of that could change why they used to like the stock set-up and now do not. Me and a friend have also been having this conversation. Interested to see what everyone thinks.

I'm betting the stock pipe on the 05-10 was favorable because the US Spec'd engines had more compression from 2003-2010.
The 2011+ US bikes and all the worldwide models have the lower compression 1999-2002 head on them.
Most guys love the stock pipe and say there's no worthwhile difference switching pipes.  I disagree and prefer the DEP and PC for motocross.
The PC fills in a little hole in the transition to the midrange, this helps me get out of 3rd gear corners with less clutch.
I've switched between the PC and the DEP at the track also and I prefer the DEP.  It has a smooth delivery and makes more torque, especially mid/top.

None of the pipes are worth it if you haven't dialed in your gearing, timing and jetting first.
I would even say that the VF3 reed is a better purchase, even though it's a cheapy plastic part, it adds some midrange torque.

A pipe won't win you a race, but a properly dialed in bike will.

I got to looking at a 13 on the showroom floor last weekend and could have swore the pipe was shaped differently than my stock 07 pipe.

If yamaha had the pipe of dreams back in 05/06 why would they change it? So far i think its a welk rounded pipe that has a bit of everything but just has shitty reveiws. I havent tried any other pipe so cant commet on others. Ive being thinking about a dep full exhaust. I also ride 70% trails so was thinking gnarly but still need some top end here and there. What about a 48 or 47 rear sprocket witha gnarly?

Stock pipe is the best do it all pipe. Doug Dubach, Dr D, Said recently in one of the magazine bike set up articles that the stock pipe was very hard to beat unless you wanted to move the powerband around in the rev range, as stated above. So unless you want something different, more grunt down low, more over rev up top, stick with the stock pipe and spend your money on suspension and bike fit/ set up, again as stated above.