Sign in to follow this  

Having a clutch problem!

I recently had my ktm 250 top end rebuild and lower bottom end bearings replaced. My problem is that the clutch just isn't working when I pull in the lever. It runs and starts up rights way. And I did the heat cycle but if I pull in the clutch and shift to first gear my bike just lunges forward and stalls immediately and fast. Like the clutch isn't even working the slightest bit. Even with the bike turned off if I try to roll my bike in a gear while holding in the clutch lever it won't roll. I read a few discussions and some say adjust the cable, redue your clutch, the plates, or loosen up the bolts. Let me know what you guys think!

You should post this question in the KTM specific sub-forum.  More likely to get an answer there.  The mods will probably move the question there for you.

The hydraulic clutch probably needs to be bled out.  Some guy from KTM did a video on how to do that but I've forgotten where I saw it or how he did it.  For me, I just bleed out as much air as I can and pump it, let it sit, pump some more and it usually comes back.  I am sure there is a better way...

Ya either you need to bleed the clutch or you did remember to put the push rod back into the input  shaft right?if you pull the hydraulic cylinder off the side of the motor I want to say it 3 bolts you can see if its moving when you pull in the clutch.Plus you can see if the push rod is in there aswell

Ya either you need to bleed the clutch or you did remember to put the push rod back into the input  shaft right?if you pull the hydraulic cylinder off the side of the motor I want to say it 3 bolts you can see if its moving when you pull in the clutch.Plus you can see if the push rod is in there aswell

Easiest way to see if it's moving the pressure plate is to pull the fill plug and pull the lever. Do Not pull the slave and use the clutch, I've seen those things break being done like that without something for them to push against more than once. They usually break the housing where the snap ring groove is and then you'll need a new slave.

Does the clutch pull feel normal? KTM are bad about having sticky clutches that drag pretty bad, especially when they're cold.

Im having the same problem on my 94 cr125 no idea whats wrong?!!?!!

the washer that goes between the clutch hub and basket was missing, not letting it spin freely when tension was taking off from the pressure plate.