One Woman, One CRF250L, One World!

Hi Guys

I am about to attempt to take a Honda CRF250L around the world. I aim to become the first British Woman to do this journey solo and if I make it to Antarctica, I will have hit all 7 continents, making me the first Brit and only the 5 person in the world to have ridden my bike on all 7 continents. 

At the moment my budget will not allow for the 7th continent and even with the funds in place is will be a challenge. However, I am a pretty determined lady if I may say so myself (some might say stuborn!) and with 20 weeks before I set off I am still pushing and trying to rally support.

It was suggested by one of your members that I should put a link to allow for donations on here and so I am doing just that. I hope no one minds and please feel free to ignore it but any donations would be very gratefully received.

Also as I am working on a very tight budget and wild camping a lot of the time, I would be very grateful too for any offers of hospitality on route or suggestions for roads/trails to check out along the way. Even if you want to come and keep me company for a leg of the journey! That would be really cool! 

My blog address if you would like to take a look is

stephmoto-adventurebikeblog.com

Facebook

www.facebook.com/OneWomanOneMotorbikeOneWorld?ref=hl

To make a donation please click here. You will be directed to a paypal donation page. If the link doesn't work then please log in to your paypal and email donations to stephjeavons@gmail.com

Thanks for taking an interest in my journey. 

Cheers

Steph

promo shot with bike1 (Medium).jpg

Edited by Steph J

We wish you the best.  My first donation is on its way.... :ride:

"Happy Trails"  

What is your PayPal email address.  The link gives me an error??? :excuseme:

Edited by dkappelm

Typical! Works this end! Just my luck! 

Paypal email is

stephjeavons@gmail.com

Thanks so much xx

Your email address worked fine???  Looking forward to reading about your exploits along the way. 

Checking out the route you are taking, Wisconsin will be about as close to southern Indiana as you will come, about 400 miles away, if you decide to change your route a little bit, I will have food and shelter and whatever I can do for you waiting. Looking forward to watching your travels, you go girl….. :thumbsup:

Wish you the best! Donation en route!

Checking out the route you are taking, Wisconsin will be about as close to southern Indiana as you will come, about 400 miles away, if you decide to change your route a little bit, I will have food and shelter and whatever I can do for you waiting. Looking forward to watching your travels, you go girl….. :thumbsup:

Thank you. The route is just to give a rough idea at this stage. This trip is about meeting people and going with the flow so would love to take you up on that. I wont be there until 2015 but If I can give you a shout that would be amazing. Thank you.

Wish you the best! Donation en route!

Thanks so much xxx

Hey Steph, welcome. I might (small apartment) be able to put you up for a night, and/or at least give you info on Istanbul if needed.  

Thank you. The route is just to give a rough idea at this stage. This trip is about meeting people and going with the flow so would love to take you up on that. I wont be there until 2015 but If I can give you a shout that would be amazing. Thank you.

Thanks so much xxx

That gives me some time to plan a vaca or something .... It would be awesome to bring my boy and do a ride along for a couple of days somehow ...  maybe up around the black hills area .... 

I can't imagine how you can plan for and/or bring everything you may need along the way. 

Best of luck to you and I hope lots and lots of people will join and help you along the way.

Thanks so much xxx

That fine….don't be late for dinner. :)

I'll ride with you across Australia if you are intending to come here.

Hey Steph, welcome. I might (small apartment) be able to put you up for a night, and/or at least give you info on Istanbul if needed.  

Oh yes please if you can that would be great. I don't have any contacts in Turkey as yet and would love to have at least one safe contact in each country. 

That gives me some time to plan a vaca or something .... It would be awesome to bring my boy and do a ride along for a couple of days somehow ...  maybe up around the black hills area .... 

I can't imagine how you can plan for and/or bring everything you may need along the way. 

Best of luck to you and I hope lots and lots of people will join and help you along the way.

Sounds great. Do it! Lets plan something more definite as we get closer just in case timings are totally out at this stage. Stay in touch x

I'll ride with you across Australia if you are intending to come here.

Wow really? It would be great to have company as I am going to have to wild camp a lot in OZ and local knowledge would be a very very useful thing indeed. Where do you live in Australia?

This is exactly what I need! Support like this is amazing and makes me feel a whole safer travelling out there on my own. Thank you xx

Wow really? It would be great to have company as I am going to have to wild camp a lot in OZ and local knowledge would be a very very useful thing indeed. Where do you live in Australia?

I am in Melbourne, but it's no problem for me to meet you in Darwin or wherever you intend to arrive in Australia.

Edited by Positron007

This is exactly what I need! Support like this is amazing and makes me feel a whole safer travelling out there on my own. Thank you xx

we have people from all over the globe here ...   :thumbsup:

You are going to have such an adventure meeting new people it's just nuts thinking about it ....  :goofy:

If we all pitch in and join you   ... you would not have to spend too much time on your own and it would be awesome for us to be able to say we were a part of your journey  :ride:  

It's a win win ....  :cheers:

kinda like when Forrest went "running" .....  :lol:

forrest-gump-7.jpg

Edited by gnath9

Steph,
You need this same picture with you and the bike in it....... along with 1000+ others... :applause:

I wish I could have done something like this when I was younger, but you are an inspiration to us old farts.   :thumbsup:  You may get several of us riding with you, for at least part of the journey...  

If you need any parts from the US, list them. Several of us have some spare OEM and aftermarket parts for the CRF250L laying around.  I would like to say that I helped in some small part anyway.  

Edited by dkappelm

I just hit your PayPal page. We're in Santa Barbara, Ca. and can offer support if you find your way down here. Food, parts, fuel, or shelter; we have a nice clean warm private motorhome in the driveway if you need a place to stay in expensive southern California. Be safe out there!

Awesome Steph,  We are jealous and will live vicariously through you! Just a thought...Would it be of any assistance to you if those of us in the US could compile a "cache" of parts, gear, equipment, supplies etc. that you would anticipate needing? You could make a list and we could all chip in to fulfill it and have it where and when you need it.