One Woman, One CRF250L, One World!

Steph's birthday today - just turned 40 - and putting many youngsters to shame  ? Happy birthday Steph! Take it easy in South America.

Happy Birthday, Steph

I'm kinda inspired to try something like this. Maybe become the first "Diabetic Grandpa With A Heart Condition To Circle The Globe On Two Wheels"?

Edited by Twinhit
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Here in the states there's a trail that goes mostly across the United States called the Trans American Trail. I've been wanting to do that for a while now.

Here in the states there's a trail that goes mostly across the United States called the Trans America Trail. I've been wanting to do that for a while now.

Here in the states there's a trail that goes mostly across the United States called the Trans American Trail. I've been wanting to do that for a while now.

I would love to do the Trans America Trail. Been wanting to do it myself for quite a while. How cool would that be ? Awesome. The thing called work is the only thing holding me back. Someday.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well it looks like she is in the US now.  http://www.stephmoto-adventurebikeblog.com/

I get blocked here at work ...  :rant:   I have been slacking on following her ... but that reminds me ... I need to go to my local Honda dealer and see if they are interested in paying her to stop by and do a talk about her travels on the CRF250L ...  ?   

where is she right now ? 

She posted this list from LA the other day:

You know you've made it to LA when....

1. You stop at the lights and a 75 year old pulls up alongside you on his Harley, his wife on the back in an all in one leopard print (including ears on the helmet) and says 'Nice ride', winks and races off with a grin!

2. The usual begging signs are replaced with ones that say 'I bet you a dollar you'll read this sign'! (I loved that one!)

3. The supermarkets only stock family size packs of EVERYTHING. Single people have two choices - Waste food or get fat!

4. You develop and addiction for Twinkies

5. The side streets are the width of motorways

6. The dogs are better dressed and have more expensive hair cuts than you.

7. The neighbours all have golf buggies for those 'strolls' around the neighbourhood.

8. Everyone works in the film industry or has a story about someone who works in the film industry or is dating someone who works in the film industry.

9. The power cuts out when it drizzles

10. There are more Taco food joints than Mexico! There may well be more Mexicans here too!

11. The 405 Freeway is the only available parking spot.

12. 95% of bikers ride Harley's and don't even seem embarrassed!

Edited by Kartogis
  • Like 3

Aren't I the luckiest guy in the world? Steph is staying with me for a few days on her journey and mentioned very favorably the following here on TT she has.

Check her blog and FB page for updates on her stops. I think she has some presentations coming up soon here and there.

Very nice. Let us know how she is holding up and how the bike is holding up. Still running, obviously, but overall in general. A lot of adverse riding for both of them for sure. Tell her congrats from me on her journey so far. Quite an accomplishment. Have a good time! Edited by Dogger
  • Like 1

Aren't I the luckiest guy in the world? Steph is staying with me for a few days on her journey and mentioned very favorably the following here on TT she has.

Check her blog and FB page for updates on her stops. I think she has some presentations coming up soon here and there.

Not sure of Steph's future route, but let her know that if she is in the New Orleans area, she has a place to stay here, 25 miles north. Extra bedroom has a massage bed, dedicated space in enclosed garage for Rhonda, great Italian/seafood restaurant not far away and free fill up for Rhonda as well ! Wife approved to boot! Edited by Dogger
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...