Sign in to follow this  

Handlebar question!

Hi guys i need some help figuring out what handlebar suits me the best..

I was looking at a renthal handlebar 7/8 here u can find the guide http://www.dirtbikexpress.co.uk/assets/sizeguides/renthal78barguide.jpg

I ride a Honda xr 250, 2004, i know they fit on my clamps anyhow does anyone have any experience with the enduro high bar?

Im 5.9 / 177cm, I ride in hills/jungle flat everything i got where i ride (thailand) Mostly i try to ride standing up.. Thats why i was thinking of the enduro high, better up for standing?

Im kinda of a beginner especially when it come to bike parts, 

Hope you guys can help me out!

It really all depends on preference and what feels good to you with your riding style and stance....I prefer a lower bar when I'm riding mx as it allows a more aggressive stance but when I ride on the ice (all sitting) I like I higher bend

What about just riding through jungle and finding trails etc ? I know its all about preference, but the shitty part is i cant order them all ;)

I dont do mx but what would be my best bet ?? 

Edited by Roedy

What about just riding through jungle and finding trails etc ? I know its all about preference, but the shitty part is i cant order them all ;)

I dont do mx but what would be my best bet ?? 

i use cr high bends, my friend got a cr450x with low handlebars and swapped them out for cr high bends... we ride offroad only

Do you have any friends that ride? Maybe try their bars and see how you like it? From what I know of XR's, I would recommend a low-mid bar...but I like to feel like I'm on top of the bike not down in it...if that makes any sense?

used renthal 971's on my xr and kawasaki pretty easy to find used take-off's because they were stock on several late model japanese mx bikes. racers yank em for their preference.  I'm 5'10 stand and ride woods.  you'll have to cross what rental calls the 971 (windam carmichle or whatever)

stay with a 7/8" bar on a bike that doesn't have rubber mount clamps, more flex

also toughest 7/8's bars I found are the protaper 7/8".  bent several renthals

OK thanks,  i think i will go with the RC bend sounds like a good pick its the same as the 971 indeed