Sign in to follow this  

Better handling?!?!

How can I get my 2013 kx250f to handle? I'm getting the suspension done, what else can help without giving up the stability. I like the Kawi engine, but Honda handling

Handling, where in corners, jumps ??

to improve cornering mess with the fork height. raise the forks in the triple clamps for better ,Sharper turning. Also pay attention to the sag, too little sag can cause the front to push. Too much sag can cause the bike to Wallow thru the turn.

On jumps , you will want the suspension on the tracks largest jump to slightly bottom , thus everywhere else it will work properly, otherwise setup too stiff will cause loss of control.

Al

Handling, where in corners, jumps ??

to improve cornering mess with the fork height. raise the forks in the triple clamps for better ,Sharper turning. Also pay attention to the sag, too little sag can cause the front to push. Too much sag can cause the bike to Wallow thru the turn.

On jumps , you will want the suspension on the tracks largest jump to slightly bottom , thus everywhere else it will work properly, otherwise setup too stiff will cause loss of control.

Al

See i have the forks up to the 10mm mark, but it still doesn't handle very sharply. It wants to push outward and not lean over. My sag is 105mm.

I'm looking for better cornering, but keeping the same stability.

Edited by Kawilikeaboss

Kawi's are known for that front end push, its the rake on the triple clamp / frame geometry. You could change out the triple clamps with more aggressive numbers, But you may risk stability at high speed. I would work with the rear shock a bit, ( not just sag but compression / rebound ) to get it to turn the best it can.

possibly soften the rear slightly and see if that helps.

Al

New triple clamps are what your looking for....

I've heard just going to a 22mm is a good enough improvement with a good suspension setup and a link thrown on the back will make the bike drastically better.

See i have the forks up to the 10mm mark, but it still doesn't handle very sharply. It wants to push outward and not lean over. My sag is 105mm. I'm looking for better cornering, but keeping the same stability.

I messed about for about 15 hrs before I managed to get mine right. I had it sprung for my weight and set the sag at 100mm ( Which is the most important thing) i also raised the forks up in the clamps to half way  in between the the two marks at the top of the forks and then I went with the setting in this  link I provided

http://motocrossacti...ONE-W-9489.aspx

I adjusted the reboud a little bit and this made the bike feel alot more stable and turn in a and hold the inside line a lot better. I would try this before you start to have it revalved as you may find it is ok like I did.