Sign in to follow this  

Leatt GPX Pro vs GPX 5.5 Neck Brace...which?

Their gpx pro is 5 bills but their supposedly new and improved gpx 5.5 for 2014 (available in November) is 130 dollars cheaper. And as a customer who is accustomed to businesses making their top products the most expensive price point....im confused.

Website doesnt clear it up. Does anyone know the difference and which is better? thanks 

http://www.leattshop.com/braces/moto-gpx.html

Doug

The pro is carbon which makes it lighter, but more expensive. The 5.5 is a new design, which I assume is better, but not carbon so it is a bit heavier but less expensive.

If I had to guess in six months maybe a year we'll see a 5.5 carbon, which will be the newer design but carbon and more expensive than both models.

I got this email the other day from them. I like the new design, and at this price I'm definitely considering upgrading to the 5.5.

1383146554504.jpg

• Like 1

Wow..how can I get that sale price? I tried on their site...but it was full price. Thanks

Wow..how can I get that sale price? I tried on their site...but it was full price. Thanks

At the bottom it said to email them at: Steph@leatt.com

And the sale price ends on November 1st.

• Like 1

I shot Stephanie an e-mail because I'm also interested in the new 5.5 her reply was what site am is sponsored through.

I shot Stephanie an e-mail because I'm also interested in the new 5.5 her reply was what site am is sponsored through.

OK, it might not work then. I must be getting these emails through a sponsor sight called hookit.

Can you click the link in the flyer and see what store it goes to.

Signed up on hook it called steph and she hooked me up mine is coming next week thanks. 209 plus around 15 shipping.

• Like 1

Signed up on hook it called steph and she hooked me up mine is coming next week thanks. 209 plus around 15 shipping.

Glad it ended up working!

I got the 5.5 brace for christmas. I haven't used it yet but there are two things that i'm not sure I like: 1.) The closure system is a sort of snap system that snaps into place with a click. It doesn't seem very durable, especially compared to the original design of most of the previous braces. It does make it quicker/easier to put on and take off the brace however. 2.) The rear thoraric strut looks and feels pretty flimsy, especially when compared to previous leatt braces which had either a carbon fiber strut down the middle of it or was all carbon. Maybe this was intentional to allow more flex?

The pro is carbon which makes it lighter, but more expensive. The 5.5 is a new design, which I assume is better, but not carbon so it is a bit heavier but less expensive.

If I had to guess in six months maybe a year we'll see a 5.5 carbon, which will be the newer design but carbon and more expensive than both models.

5.5 Carbon will be released in Late September 2014. $499.00 retail. To quote Henry Ford "You can get it in any color you want, as long as it is black."

• Like 1