Sign in to follow this  

2014 300 XC-W vs XC-W Six Days..worth it?

After my riding buddy got a 14 300 XCW I decided I need one as well.  My local dealer (3 hours away)  is getting  1 XCW 300 and 6 300 XCW six days. He stated that the six days model are 1000 more, so 8600 vs 9600 approximately.

From what I could tell the biggest difference was the closed cartridge fork...

I love all the other little bits (Black wheels, pipe guard, skid plate, etc) but am not sure if it's worth 1000 over the standard model.  

Hard finding any information on the six days models but it appears the Husabergs come with the same fork as the six day model and is well liked.  It seems like its slightly more plush but bottoms out quicker than the closed cartridge on the standard ktm 300 according to this review

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/141_1201_300_reasons_ktm_husaberg/

I'm not sure which way to go here and would appreciate any input! 

It mostly depends on you.

The average rider will not be able to tell the difference in the forks, so that brings it down to the extra tid-bits that comes with the Six Days package.  Look it over and price it out, if you find that "normally" you wouldn't buy everything that it comes with the Six Days package then it wouldn't be worth it.  If you plan on selling within two years then the higher resale of the Six Days would be worht it.

After my riding buddy got a 14 300 XCW I decided I need one as well.  My local dealer (3 hours away)  is getting  1 XCW 300 and 6 300 XCW six days. He stated that the six days model are 1000 more, so 8600 vs 9600 approximately.

From what I could tell the biggest difference was the closed cartridge fork...

I love all the other little bits (Black wheels, pipe guard, skid plate, etc) but am not sure if it's worth 1000 over the standard model.  

Hard finding any information on the six days models but it appears the Husabergs come with the same fork as the six day model and is well liked.  It seems like its slightly more plush but bottoms out quicker than the closed cartridge on the standard ktm 300 according to this review

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/141_1201_300_reasons_ktm_husaberg/

I'm not sure which way to go here and would appreciate any input! 

I'm in the same boat at this point.  Did you end up with either bike?

Hard finding any information on the six days models but it appears the Husabergs come with the same fork as the six day model and is well liked. It seems like its slightly more plush but bottoms out quicker than the closed cartridge on the standard ktm 300 according to this review

Not 100% sure on the '14 but in the past the xc-w came with open cartridge forks.

Not 100% sure on the '14 but in the past the xc-w came with open cartridge forks.

XC-Ws still come with OC forks but the six days edition has the new 4CS forks.  The ones on the 2014 six days are the same as the 2014 Husaberg units, however the 2014 XC 4CS forks do have different part numbers.

XC-Ws still come with OC forks but the six days edition has the new 4CS forks. The ones on the 2014 six days are the same as the 2014 Husaberg units, however the 2014 XC 4CS forks do have different part numbers.

That's what I thought. In the quote I posted he is comparing the bottoming resistance from the Husaberg (4cs) fork to a closed cartridge fork, which does not come on the xc-w.