Sign in to follow this  

How are the older KTM's?

I'm looking at a 2002 KTM 125sx for a small project, needs a head, a seat, and a clutch basket and plates. But I'm getting it for a fair price. How are these ?

I had an 03 125sx, hands down the strongest 125 2t I've ridden. It had great mid-top pull, was super fast and handled well. Sounds like you need a few parts, how good of a deal are you getting?

I had an 03 125sx, hands down the strongest 125 2t I've ridden. It had great mid-top pull, was super fast and handled well. Sounds like you need a few parts, how good of a deal are you getting?

I'm actually trading two old Hondas I've got for it. The Hondas need work(brother run, nice are wiring, carbs are gummed up, etc) but I'm throwing in some cash on top. I found the head, seat on eBay for $25. For the head , $40 for the seat. It also needs both brake, clutch handle a shifter, the rear fenders cracked. From what I've seen I can have the shifter, handles, and a rear fender for under $40. So I'm hoping to have less then $200 total into this in part to get it going. I beleive the guy has a fresh piston in it and the jugs off so I can fiddle with the crank to see if it's OK. Do you guys know any years that the 125sx match identical parts as the. 2002?
  • Like 1

Also if I get this(I'm more than Lilly getting it Sunday)

Also if I get this(I'm more than Likely getting it Sunday) would anyone want me to do a build thread?

fixed*

Also if I get this(I'm more than Lilly getting it Sunday) fixed*

Yep, build thread!!

I had a 02 SX125. I had a love/hate relationship with that thing.

The motor was amazing. Sooo fast.

Suspension was a complete disaster.

Never could get it set up correctly.

I called it the Jackhammer.

I had a 02 SX125. I had a love/hate relationship with that thing.

The motor was amazing. Sooo fast.

Suspension was a complete disaster.

Never could get it set up correctly.

I called it the Jackhammer.

lol that's what I hear. Luckily this guys got the suspension tuned for a 190lb pound rider (same as me).

Dang. I must be cheap. 

I opened the thread thinking "older" meant like an 80s, early 90s KTM.

To me my 2001 KTM 300 EXC is still pretty new!

your pics look more like '98-'99 . judging by the swingarm and forks

yea, stamp in the motor reads 98'.. Wish I woulda looked this over better... Anyone know if a 02 cylinder head, a 03 seat, and a 02 shifter and an 02 oil filter will fit this?.. I already ordered them.. Ohh also a 02 top end gasket kit..