Oil streiner bolt

Hello I live in Italy.

My question is this: to change the oil I take the allen bolt near the gear pedal also the bolt under the engeno and the the little cover screw that is also for cecking the valve. My problem is I always get 500 ml out and when I put the new one it takes the same amount. I can not take the streiner bolt (if that is the right name ) out it seems to be welded and now the head is starting to get rounded. Is that why I can not get all the oil out and what should I do for that bolt?

We would like to know which year of bike are you working on?

We would like to know which year of bike are you working on?

sorry it is an rmz 250 k8

Please help

At least can someone tell me if it is bad not to clean the stereiner

On mine that bolt every time I take it out it feels like it won't come out but with some.force always comes loose.

Make sure you using right size wrench. That strainer should b cleaned every couple oil changes at least.

Break in I would do every time for first 10 he's.

Maybe I'm over precautions but I clean every oil change takes 5 min why not do it.

Might have to drill it put and get a new bolt

I have tried with all kind of wrenches and the head is starting to strip . What king of wrench do you use. Can you post a picture please?

A t-handle I believe 10 mm

Maybe it will sound stupid but how do you fit a t handle tool. The bolt on my bike is covered by the frame about half of it.

Can you send a pic

I have a 2013

Ok I will take a picture tonight and show it to you.

If it's already starting to strip it's going to be hard to get it off. Mine did the same thing, tried to use one of the special bolts to cut new groves and get it off but that only made things worse.... In the end I had to use a screwdriver and hammer to force it to back out... Might want to go ahead a buy a replacement bolt so you can replace it once you do get it out.

So the only way to take that bolt out since the head is already compromised is a big flat screwdriver and a hammer?

That's the only way I could do it, I'm sure there are other ways but that was pretty easy.

I had the same bolt problem..... 

I got out the bolts that hold the motor on the frame(I left only the rear bolt), so i can move the motor a little down and the steiner bolt would not be behind the frame.

I fit on the streiner bolt a T handle 12mm or RATCHET SOCKET 12mm(don't know if this is the right name).... and then i try to hold it with as force i could get to it (as much it didn't get of the bolt) to counterclockwise and my friend hit at the T handle with a hamer (at the top of the tool) with small quick hits and the bolt loosen up easily.

I was holding the T handle all the time to counterclockwise.

Wow I am going to try that method. Thanks

On mine that bolt every time I take it out it feels like it won't come out but with some.force always comes loose.

Make sure you using right size wrench. That strainer should b cleaned every couple oil changes at least.

Break in I would do every time for first 10 he's.

Maybe I'm over precautions but I clean every oil change takes 5 min why not do it.

Might have to drill it put and get a new bolt

I do it every change but that bolt scares the crap out of me. I order replacements after it starts to wear and will continue to do so. For 9 bucks it's just so much easier.

I rounded one off so bad once i used huge channel locks and it did the trick.

Please can you tell me how and where can I order one.

Please can you tell me how and where can I order one.

hello

I got a new one for the price of 33 euros. I know it sounds crazy but the only place I could find it here in Italy online was for that price.

Now I need to know if some else can tell me a mothod for taking it out. I don't care at this point if I wreck it.

hello

I got a new one for the price of 33 euros. I know it sounds crazy but the only place I could find it here in Italy online was for that price.

Now I need to know if some else can tell me a mothod for taking it out. I don't care at this point if I wreck it.

If it's already starting to strip it's going to be hard to get it off. Mine did the same thing, tried to use one of the special bolts to cut new groves and get it off but that only made things worse.... In the end I had to use a screwdriver and hammer to force it to back out... Might want to go ahead a buy a replacement bolt so you can replace it once you do get it out.