Sign in to follow this  

Im wanting to buy a 2005 ktm 400 exc help with pricing?

Hello, I'm looking at buying a 2005 KTM Exc 400 it has about 1800 miles on it and looks very clean, it is also street legal and plated. What price range are these selling for? they are asking 3800 for the one Im looking at. Thanks for any information.

Hello, I'm looking at buying a 2005 KTM Exc 400 it has about 1800 miles on it and looks very clean, it is also street legal and plated. What price range are these selling for? they are asking 3800 for the one Im looking at. Thanks for any information.

I picked up my 07 400xcw with about the same miles with an extra set of street tires and a folding aluminum ramp for $3900.....Plated as well.

Did they make a 400 in 05? My 04 525 EXC was sold, bought and would now be sold again in the $2,500 range, with 4400 miles great shape and a lot off add ons.

I bought mine this year (no title) for $2,400.00.  It had very little use.  I just wish it had a title.  I am in Houston TX and the bike was in San Antonio.  It depends on the location quite a bit from what I've read.  I am surprised you haven't had a bunch of knuckleheads chiming in telling you that you are crazy and that you shouldn't pay more than $1,500.00 for that bike.  I heard that a little when I bought mine.  I searched and shopped for a long time so I knew what the going rate was for the bike I bought in my area.

Rocky,

The key to a legitimate plate on a 2005 is the title. If plated by the dealer when new, it should read mile 1 for mileage. If it  is original owner- probably a legal plate. If he bought it after Dec 2005 and plated it- the plate's liable to be State revoked at any time. Good price if clean. I wouldn't expect any engine work for 1800 miles, except valve adjustment.

You can check Portland's Craig's list for similar bikes of 450 & 525 in 2005. A real plate, and an original owner with 1800 miles is worth paying for.

Edited by Burnrider

Well this is what I ended up with, its a 2006 Husaberg FE550  this bike seems pretty clean and had low HRs and 1300 miles on the clock :thumbsup:

It did come with a clean Oregon state title, but once I was down at the DMV  she said there are numbers or letters that say you get no PLATE :thumbsdn:  

So Im going to have to work on that, So far this is a great bike, really everything I thought my XR, husky, DRZ and all the others I have tried, should have been :banghead:

+++ for Husaberg and KTM

IMG_0442.jpg