16 tooth sprocket

Guys, can you run a 16 tooth front with no problem?

I believe that it is a little too big, if you go with the 16t front then i believe you might have to do a little cutting/grinding/finangling to make it fit.  I don't think its that big of a deal, I know a lot of people on here run a 16t front.  The CS would be less expensive than a rear sprocket but if you don't want to have to mess with it to get it fitted then you might just want to shell out a little bit more for a rear sprocket.

Guys, can you run a 16 tooth front with no problem?

You have to modify the case saver for some extra clearance.  It is not that big of a deal.  The 16T will get closer to the swing arm and it will clearance itself to the guard on the swing arm, again it is not a big deal.  One advantage that I have found with the 16T CS is that the guard on the swing arm has lasted longer because of the slight increase in the sprocket diameter. Also, be sure to stay with a qood quality chain, not some off brand.  I have seen cheap chains that are wider than normal and they could eat into the engine case where the clutch shaft is located.

This is not a great image (and it was pretty dirty too) but you can see that it is a little tight...

16T%2520CS.jpg

You have to modify the case saver for some extra clearance.  It is not that big of a deal.  The 16T will get closer to the swing arm and it will clearance itself to the guard on the swing arm, again it is not a big deal.  One advantage that I have found with the 16T CS is that the guard on the swing arm has lasted longer because of the slight increase in the sprocket diameter. Also, be sure to stay with a qood quality chain, not some off brand.  I have seen cheap chains that are wider than normal and they could eat into the engine case where the clutch shaft is located.

This is not a great image (and it was pretty dirty too) but you can see that it is a little tight...

16T%2520CS.jpg

Still have the kick stand kill switch?!  :doh:

Still have the kick stand kill switch?!  :doh:

Not any more... that was an older photo.   My "SM" now has an "E" motor in it now so no neutral light or stand switch, much cleaner without all that wiring...

Still have the kick stand kill switch?! :doh:

dont bully the side stand switch its saved my dumb as 100x!

I do not miss the side stand switch or the neutral light and I ride this thing every day...  I only run the clutch safety switch.  

I ran a 16 on my s. i didn't have to mod my case saver but the sprocket ate my rubber chain guide and had slight contact with the s swingarm.

I am constantly swapping out  a 14T and a 16T on my 06 S model.  I did not want to trim the case saver so when i run my 16t i run no sprocket cover   but the 16t fit on with just a small notch taken out of the chain guide on the swingarm 

Not bullying, simply being helpful and pointing it out in case he forgot is all  :D