Sign in to follow this  

drz 400s ims 4 tank

I have tried searching but I seem to find mixed reviews on whether or not I need to remove rad fan. I found a brand new 2004 blue e model tank never installed for 125 $

I would like to dye it black and put it on my 2012 400 s.

I do not want to lose my fan. So is it possible to fit this 2004 e model ims 4 gallon on my s model without removing or relocating the fan? Thanks for the help.

Call IMS.  As far as I know IMS makes only 1, 4 gal tank and it fits E, S, and SM.  It has universal mounting for the different E and S/SM style tank mounting points.

• Like 1

when I bought my 2009 sm it came with the ims 4gal tank. It still has the fan .Sorry cant help you with the e model.

Edited by turn8a
  • Like 1

when I bought my 2009 sm it came with the ims 4gal tank. It still has the fan .Sorry cant help you with the e model.

I called ims all same tank for 4 gallon. If your sm still had fan. My s should be able to keep fan. Thanks for your help.

What makes you think it can be dyed?  It is polyethylene, not nylon.

you better be happy with the current color because I highly doubt you can dye it. Polyethelyne, doesn't take paint or stcikers very well. I doubt if there is a dye that will penetrate..

• Like 1