Sign in to follow this  

Jetting question with pictures

04 250...new gnarly pipe turbine core 2.

165 pilot

45 main

32:1 927 and 93 pump gas

Did a plug chop test...pic included

Seems to be running great just curious if the spooge looks right?

1383158538168.jpg

1383158548228.jpg

32:1 isn't anywhere near too much oil.The plug looks really good though . Hmmm?maybe the packing is just old? Because some oil is going to get into the pipe no matter what. As long as it runs well and your plug looks like that is say your jetting is great haha

Hopefully it doesn't need repacking it doesn't even have an hour on it....thanks for the replies

My 04 is the same way with  the spooge, I just learned to live with it,,,,,Mine runs like a bat out of hell,,,,,You could probably use some kind of synthetic oil to get rid of the spooge if it really gets on Your nerves,,,I just clean it off every once in a while, and repack My silencer every couple of Years...........Dr.D..

The spooge doesn't both me just didnt know if that was to much.... May try synthetic havent thought about that...also what is low ash oil

WD40 is the best for cleaning off the fender that I have found.  My 04 spooges like that.  if I am running wide open for long periods of time (GP w/pavement) it can be coated with that crap.... because I blow everything out of the pipe and muffler. :)  biggest annoying part for me is the spatter/stain I get on my jersey. 

Looks a lil rich 32:1 is a def safe zone that manufacturers set so owners don't ever have a lubrication problem but its rich in my opinion.Plus some brand oils tead to be a little thickers than others.I run Motul 800 at 40:1 and I've never had a lean issue and or seen a lubrication problem when doing a top end.With good oils you can run a lil leaner and get crisper throttle if your bike is jetted right.What plug are you running?I drop to 3.5 oz per gallon and see how it runs.

Br8eg plug..... So 32:1 is just the ratio to cover manufactures ass?