rebound and sag

Hi I have a 2003 wr250f. It has too much rebound and too little sag for me. I was just wondering how I should go about adjusting both of those things? thanks

checked it doesn't say much about it Yamaha manuals don't seem to be that good but I might have the manual from another company ie Clymer's so im not sure... any advice is appreciated

Hi I have a 2003 wr250f. It has too much rebound and too little sag for me. I was just wondering how I should go about adjusting both of those things? thanks

if rear shock has a rebound adjustment clicker. Then slow it down by turning it 2 clicks out.. but make sure to turn clicker all the way in and count out.. try stock settings first and work from there.. usually the rebound clicker is on bottom of shock.. as far as sag goes, its a two man job.. select two fixed points on rear of bike.. usually the end of the swing arm and the inner fender bolt near the seat.. remember inside the fender not outside.. measure in mm. 1in. = 24.5mm. Measure while bike is on flat level ground without a rider on bike. Document that measurement. Then the rider fully geared up sits on bike while one holds the bike upright and a third person measures same fixed points. Finally , take the two documented measurements and subtract them.. this third number will be your rider/race sag..

k thanks so much... ya the bike's way oversprung for me im only 130lbs so ill have to do that when I get a chance

Not sure if its a typo, but screw the rebound screw in clockwise for slower.

k thanks so much... ya the bike's way oversprung for me im only 130lbs so ill have to do that when I get a chance

if bike is over sprung, then your rider sag and static sag will never be correct

Not sure if its a typo, but screw the rebound screw in clockwise for slower.

you may be right..

And just wondering what you mean by too much rebound? Do you mean rebounding too slow? If so screw rebound adjuster anti clockwise for faster.

if rear shock has a rebound adjustment clicker. Then slow it down by turning it 2 clicks out.. but make sure to turn clicker all the way in and count out.. try stock settings first and work from there.. usually the rebound clicker is on bottom of shock.. as far as sag goes, its a two man job.. select two fixed points on rear of bike.. usually the end of the swing arm and the inner fender bolt near the seat.. remember inside the fender not outside.. measure in mm. 1in. = 24.5mm. Measure while bike is on flat level ground without a rider on bike. Document that measurement. Then the rider fully geared up sits on bike while one holds the bike upright and a third person measures same fixed points. Finally , take the two documented measurements and subtract them.. this third number will be your rider/race sag..

I actually made a mistake..first measurement take with bike on stand.

by too much rebound I mean the shock comes up faster than I want it to and the actual springs aren't too stiff its just currently set up for a heavier rider than me

Sag must be set to correct measurement FIRST before you need to start worrying about rebound. Get your rider and static sag set, then go to the clickers.

K will do thanks