SCORE!

So we are in Kentucky visiting family and I find out a cousin had a 04 XR4 and it was stolen a few years ago. That did not make me happy but he still had the tool kit,oil filter and two spark plugs.

He asked If I would like to have them! Now is that not the coolest thing!

He didnt have the title or the numbers off the bike so he never got it back. He just uses his old XL 250 to check his fence lines. I am really sorry for his loss but He is a very genrous person and for him to give me that stuff is really cool!!! Thanks MK!

• Like 1

Maybe he bought it from a thief, and the rightful owner was just reclaiming his property.

It pisses me off when people buy bikes without a title, you are giving money to thieves...every bike comes with a title or MSO.

Maybe he bought it from a thief, and the rightful owner was just reclaiming his property.

It pisses me off when people buy bikes without a title, you are giving money to thieves...every bike comes with a title or MSO.

Rarely is there an OHV here in CO that has Title or MSO. Unless you're buying something that was titled for the purpose of making it street legal, it's bill of sale at best. Sometimes nothing but a handshake and cash.

Here in CA the DMV Nazis treat us like we are guilty until proven innocent so I can understand the sentiment.  

There's little or no humanity left in CA.

Even firemen are ass holes here.

Edited by Baja Rambler

Well up here in the true north strong and free, there are still a few pockets of humanity worth having faith in.

A few.

And sometimes it seems like they're getting fewer and further between every day, but I find it's better to try and maintain a positive attitude rather than focus on all the horrible things that are wrong with our society ?

• Like 1

Baja you are right....some fireman are jerks but so are bakers ,plumber and even sanitation works! But not all....as you guessed I am a professional firefighter and have been for 24 years. I am sorry you have formed such a uniformed opinion of me.

Hey, not all. I know that . . . . and not all in CA either.  It's what comes down from our legislature.  They're the ones who are uninformed, living in some sort of bubble.   I ride with a first responder and he's just as exasperated as a lot of us.  So just to be clear, I had not formed an opinion of you, personally.

I guess a lot of people in CA are on edge because of overregulation.

Edited by Baja Rambler

there is faith in humanity. I paid for a used bike with a personal check here once. Guy asked me "is it good?". I gave him the option of the check or point me in the direction of an ATM. He took the check.

Few weeks ago I found a business selling insulation through craigslist. Their office is in Idaho, the warehouse is in Denver. I bought about 600sqft of R19 kraft backed batts. Go over to pick it up, the warehouse loads me and tells me to call the guy I bought it from to arrange payment. WHAT????? I have product, they have no idea who I am. SO I drive home, call the guy and tell him I'd like to pay for the $300 worth of insulation I have and ask him how many times he's been stiffed. He said once in the past 5 years.

Here in CA, as of three years ago, you cannot transport a bike on a trailer or in the back of a truck without CURRENT registration.  

To bad they have brain washed people like this. personal property is just that. Check your laws and don't believe anything a cop tells you, know your rights.

Yup. I got into it with BLM police over this up at cow mountain in Ukiah. I had 4 bikes on the trailer, no tags on the trailer or 2 of the bikes.

They rolled up and started giving me a lecture and threatening to write a ticket, fishing for information and acting really inflated.

I told them everything was legal and they need to leave us alone. I knew I had paperwork on everything so I wasn't concerned with them. I had spark arresters, current reg, etc.

They got fuming pissed and started yelling at all of us about how they could give us all tickets, impound bikes, etc. while we stood there, then everything went silent for 30 seconds, and the main guy kind of fumbled and yelled at us "you're getting a warning this time!", and they got in the truck steamed, and nailed the gas and burnt out leaving.

Pretty normal attitude for law enforcement in CA. You could argue private property law with them if you wanted to, but they are too dumb to understand it.

This kind of stuff has gotten out of control. Any law enforcement officer must have probable cause to pull you over and then tell you what that is and then he can ask for your proof of insurance, state drivers license and vehicle registration, only. If he asks about ownership of an orv/dirt bike you have on the trailer/truck that's your business , he is conducting an investigation with questions like that and needs a warrant. He can ask but it's none of his business and they will ask all kinds of stuff. Your best option is to keep your pie hole shut.

Now if your riding on public land that's a different story, your state laws must be followed. Here in Michigan we must have a current ORV sticker on the machine, no registration or proof of ownership but some county's have their own laws about driving down roads. For the most part northern Michigan has finally figured out we come to play and spend money and the cops , DNR , CO leave us alone and are pretty cool, you have to be an idiot to get in trouble these days.

Your 4th amendment rights are to followed no matter if your way back in the woods or being pulled over on the side of the highway.

This kind of stuff has gotten out of control. Any law enforcement officer must have probable cause to pull you over and then tell you what that is and then he can ask for your proof of insurance, state drivers license and vehicle registration, only. If he asks about ownership of an orv/dirt bike you have on the trailer/truck that's your business , he is conducting an investigation with questions like that and needs a warrant. He can ask but it's none of his business and they will ask all kinds of stuff. Your best option is to keep your pie hole shut.

Now if your riding on public land that's a different story, your state laws must be followed. Here in Michigan we must have a current ORV sticker on the machine, no registration or proof of ownership but some county's have their own laws about driving down roads. For the most part northern Michigan has finally figured out we come to play and spend money and the cops , DNR , CO leave us alone and are pretty cool, you have to be an idiot to get in trouble these days.

Your 4th amendment rights are to followed no matter if your way back in the woods or being pulled over on the side of the highway.

Good luck claiming your 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 14th amendment rights out here in CA. You can claim them all the way back to the station in handcuffs, and through 3 levels of courts, while you spend $500,000 on $400/hour lawyers and eventually lose.

This is how the police act in CA:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/23/los-angeles-dorner-settlement/2107289/

The women got $4.2 million dollars from the state, but the officers names were never released, they were never put to trial, and they still work for LAPD.

They were looking for a young man in a grey nissan pickup, they shot up a blue toyota pickup with two older hispanic women