2013 plastics on 03-08 KX125/250

Id be ok with buyin new plastics but the seat, gas tank, and air box is a game changer for me. Ill keep my $1000....

Exactly. I was going to until i realized all the extra shit you need to do it. Royal distributing has leatt gpx club 3's,regular $500+ with tax, on for $230 with tax so il spend my money on one of them. Id perfer to be able to walk and live than have a sexy (even tho its sexy already imo) bike

• 1 month later...

There is a tab welded on the frame for the rad shrouds. From the pictures it seems like a lot of work for a face lift. Bike looks awesome though. Needs an aluminum frame. Haha. Good build. Great pictures for references. Just to much work for me, and I'm a terrible welder. Bike was updated. Suspension and subframe are obviously not stock for the 03-05 kx. Subframe maybe. That is for the post. Very clean looking kx 125.

like iridekx said there appears to be a bracket to mount the radiator shrouds , but if you want to mount the 2013 front mudguard and number plate well that pretty much bolts on a 2003/2008 kx125 , I would imagine the 250 would need the mudguard trimming slightly as the pipe is so much bigger. if your going to mount the 2013 mudguard make sure you order the 2013 mounting bolts aswell

• 6 months later...

Thanks for posting man. I don't think the pictures helped much I hate to say. But I will order all parts and give it a go. I am not the fastest at doing this kind work so it may take some time but I'll take detailed photos.

PS He appears to be using the stock air box?

BCSNAKE,

Have you made any progress on your buildout? If so, can you share any additional lessons learned? I just picked up a like new 2005 KX 125 and will be starting my build out soon. I will take pictures along the way as well.

Thanks

From comparing parts of my 2005 KX 125 to pictures and OEM parts schematics, it appears that it will require an 2013/14 airbox, subframe and seat. I am not sure about the gas tank just yet. The 2014 gas tanks have a large hole in the bottom for the Fuel pump so that will probably not work. I am going to see if I can borrow a friends 2014 subframe, seat and airbox to try it out before ordering. Doing some research one company states that the subframe for the 2014 KX250F is the same from 2009 to 2014.

• 3 months later...

This is turning out to be much more complicated than I had expected.

1. My research led me to believe that the subframes from 2009 to 2014 on the KX 250F were all the same, but the OEM part number changed one year about 2012. I found a 2011 KX 250F subframe and it does not align up like I thought it would. The stock 2005 KX 125 Subframe is longer on the left hand side (shifter side). Therefore the 250F subframe is too short on that side. I wonder if they had to use the stock 125 Subframe and make the required modifications. 

2. The 2014 Airbox boot does not align up properly with the 2005 KX 125 Carb. After studying the pictures in this thread you can see from the pictures in URL 2 and 3 that they use the stock 2005 KX 125 Airbox "boot" to connect to the carb. It looks like they combined the KX 125 Boot with the KX 250F airbox somehow.

3. The 2011 KX 250F subframe is also wider at the top where it connects to the frame near the gas tank.